• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Two Bugatti Veyron Converts Downtown Chicago

Chicago Crew -

There were two Bugatti Veyron Convertibles parked at the Fairmont Hotel downtown today. Supposedly part of a cross country drive PR event. Amazing to see parked on the street. Just amazing...

Attachments

• Bugatti4.jpg
    Bugatti4.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 222
  • Bugatti5.jpg
    Bugatti5.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 196
For that sorta price the veyron shouldn't have to look bloated like some Pasta Supra with a Tribeca single nostril.

It should be flawless.

I'll take a Koeneggsegg or Zonda over the Veyron anyday on looks and the Zonda for interior fit and finish.........

Have you seen a Veyron in person?

Initially, I was under the impression that the Bugatti was fat and bloated as well. The first one I saw was in the Bentley Showroom on Rush St, all black. Then I saw one a the Peterson museum in LA - inside, under lights it looked BIG.

But today, seeing it on the street changed my mind. There was a Toyota Camry parked a few feet in front of the white Veyron. The Bugatti was a lot smaller. It's like the NSX. It looks like a bigger car, but when you see it parked next to a Skyline or a Challenger, you see how small the footprint is.

There really isn't any wasted space in the Bug. The struts for the rear wing are very heavy gauge. The wheels are 20 inches with 375 width tires. Everything is so heavy duty to deal with the speed... you get a sense they made it as small as they could WITHOUT FALLING APART. There is a quality to the fit and finish that you can't see in the pictures.

The exterior design - you just know it is something special. You can look at it and tell it is something special even if you are not a car person, and judging from the crowds around these cars, there is some real curb appeal there. From the front, head on, it looks like some kind of hovercraft or something. Unforgettable.

Bugatti can send me an endorsement check now.:biggrin:

Have you seen a Veyron in person?

Initially, I was under the impression that the Bugatti was fat and bloated as well. The first one I saw was in the Bentley Showroom on Rush St, all black. Then I saw one a the Peterson museum in LA - inside, under lights it looked BIG.

Funny, I saw the same car at the Peterson and I thought it was a lot smaller in person than I expected after seeing pictures of the car.

funny,but what would we be saying if someone posted thier nsx on prime with those wheels:wink:. Could they be Rota:confused::biggrin:

Back