• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

two questions about ordering nsx...

sorry,
i'm sure these questions have been asked numerous times before,
but somehow with my office computer
"search" is not working...

1) can you still place orders on new nsx at acura dealers?
acura.com still has shows nsx on their line- up
but says "availability varies"...
i just called my local dealer and
they just say the usual "yea, yea, sure",
so i wanna know what some of you guys know...

2) can you "special oder" coupe '05 model?
if i were to get a nsx i'd really like it without the t- top...

You can order a new coupe if your last name is Ellison. First name Larry.

Other than that you have to get a T which is not too shabby.

Good luck.

Just in case it's not clear from Tony's reply...

seung said:
Yes. However, some dealers (apparently including the one you spoke with) will give you a song and dance but won't actually take an order and deliver on it, while others will actually order the car for you and deliver it. You might want to ask around to find out which dealer(s) in your area actually sell NSXs instead of jerking people around.

seung said:
2) can you "special oder" coupe '05 model?
No. The Coupe has not been available in North America since the 2001 model year. Not even by special order.

seung said:
sorry,
i'm sure these questions have been asked numerous times before,
but somehow with my office computer
"search" is not working...

acura.com still has shows nsx on their line- up
but says "availability varies"...
i just called my local dealer and
they just say the usual "yea, yea, sure",
so i wanna know what some of you guys know...
QUOTE]

Im in NJ and just recieved a black/tan 6 speed if your interested :wink:

seung said:
i'm looking for blk with red interior...
but thank you tho.

thank you everyone for quick replies.

like thats going to happen :rolleyes: Ive only seen a picture of one and you cant order any more so Id pick an alternate color choice.

Listen to Elisha. :biggrin: Take the black/Tan 05 or risk never getting a new NSX. You can add red leather later is you want.

Tony Montoya said:
Listen to Elisha. :biggrin:
You know, Tony, you had me there for a minute! Then I remembered that Mike uses Ms. Cuthbert's visage in his avatar. Good one!

so what is the correct answer? can a new nsx still be ordered? i too have rec'd the same "yea... sure..." answers from dealers. any dealers out there that can still really get this done?? thanks....

looking for 2002 to new automatic nsx.
[email protected]

new&dconfused said:
so what is the correct answer? can a new nsx still be ordered? i too have rec'd the same "yea... sure..." answers from dealers. any dealers out there that can still really get this done?? thanks....

looking for 2002 to new automatic nsx.
[email protected]

did you say automatic? :biggrin:

Acura of Ocean has a 05 blue auto but they suck to deal with...

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Acura of Ocean has a 05 blue auto but they suck to deal with...

That one is gone. I told somebody about it the other day and they told him it was already sold.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
like thats going to happen :rolleyes: Ive only seen a picture of one and you cant order any more so Id pick an alternate color choice.

oh, really?
hmm... okay,
i'll think about some other color combo...

i'd still avoid blk/ tan tho...
and i don't think i'll deal with bridgewater acura... :D

seung said:
oh, really?
hmm... okay,
i'll think about some other color combo...

i'd still avoid blk/ tan tho...
and i don't think i'll deal with bridgewater acura... :D

:)

I was in the same boat in April. And BA's comments on the color combination held for me too. With one exception ... There was and 04 at Jay Wolfe Acura in Kansas City. But the dealer was driving it for his car and they would not release it until their 05 came in. Their inventory shows this vehicle and an 05 from their web site. Hope that helps. And if you're not willing to start calling all around the country and checking out delivery/flying and driving back options, no offense, you might as well stop now because that is most likely what it will take to get this done.

seung said:
i'm looking for blk with red interior...
but thank you tho.

thank you everyone for quick replies.

JAY WOLF Acura has a black and red 04!

2Dobes said:
Have you left, yet? Talk about luck.

Hmmm? sorry I don't understand what you're asking.

WingZ said:
Hmmm? sorry I don't understand what you're asking.

I wanted to know if you had left to go get it yet. When I read your original post I said to myself; "good luck". But I can't believe you found EXACTLY what you were looking for.

2Dobes said:
I wanted to know if you had left to go get it yet. When I read your original post I said to myself; "good luck". But I can't believe you found EXACTLY what you were looking for.

I'm not the original poster. I already have an NSX. I was trying to let the original poster SUENG know where a black/red NSX was.

WingZ said:
I'm not the original poster. I already have an NSX. I was trying to let the original poster SUENG know where a black/red NSX was.

I should pay closer attention. :redface:

Well hopefully he was on the telephone as soon as he saw that post -either that or he was just pretender and now that the car is available (maybe) he is gone....

Back