• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type-R carpet Installed

I'm very happy how this turned out, the interior looks so clean and fresh. Thanks to prime-member Kris79 for hooking me up with the Mov-It USA Type-R carpet. If you haven't done this before, plan to spend 2 days. I spent one afternoon doing the passenger side which took me about 4 hours, and about 7 hours the following weekend to install the other side. The carpet is molded, its a great mold. I remember thinking the passenger side was a "drop-in", it was pretty easy. The driver side was harder, but a little persuasion goes a long way. You need a very sharp utility knife as you have to do some cutting holes for the brackets. The carpet has a thick rubber mat backing which I thought was great.

Here are some pics.

A dirty stock carpet
p1552387988-4.jpg

p1552388070-4.jpg

p1552388090-4.jpg

New vs Old. The mold is pretty amazing except the door sill-pad area wasn't trimmed correctly, but a sharp utility knife fixed that.
p1552388154-4.jpg

The carpet kit did not come with holes for the seat rails, so after test fitting, I traced the holes from the old carpet. It wasn't perfect the first time but it I was able to see the thread where the bolt is supposed to go and just cut as needed. Notice the back needed a little trimming as it was blocking the threads for the back panels.
p1552388156-4.jpg

After installing the driver seat.
p1552388184-4.jpg

p1552388298-4.jpg

I have the zeetoolman woofer and because the carpet uses a thick rubber backing, the woofer doesn't fit as good anymore. It doesn't move around so it's a small price to pay for an affordable clean Type-R look carpet.
p1552388388-4.jpg

Next stop, Nav Pod and removing the scratches of the center console. Hope you guys like.

Last edited:
I like it

damn that does look good. good job nim, wanna come do mine hahahhahaa.

I still need to do mine! Bought it a like last November and didn't get a chance to do it. Did you have to remove whole center console?

Thanks guys!! I'm enjoying the interior quite a lot, it makes me want to drive it more and more.

kprsx: I did not remove the center console completely, just the arm-rest part. I pulled the old carpet on that area and I remember a tab that I intentionally broke by pulling as hard as a could (stapled to the back of the console and carpet). The new carpet holds extremely well to its form so I felt that the tab is not needed and it saved me time.

Looks great! I need to get this done ASAP!

Looks awesome! Great job!

Back