• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type-R Valve Covers .... the "TRUE" Krinkle Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
We found a powder coater that actually worked for Acura for over 15 years...

He knows the true Type-R Krinkle Red color and has perfected the powder mixture to avoid the orangish red final product.

Pic's of the valve covers are included.

We are offering this for 245.00 plus shipping on exchange.

please call,email, or pm for orders....

Regards

price correction on last post edit...245.00 plus shipping

Ross - 480-889-1483

[email protected]

Attachments

• type-r valve cover 1.jpg
    type-r valve cover 1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 578
  • type-r valve cover 2.jpg
    type-r valve cover 2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 453
  • type-r valve cover 3.jpg
    type-r valve cover 3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 507
  • type-r valve cover 4.jpg
    type-r valve cover 4.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 363
  • type-r valve cover 5.jpg
    type-r valve cover 5.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
WOOHOO!!

I won a $50 gift certificate from STMPO last night at the NSXCA-Bay Area dinner and I think I just found what I want to use it on.

BTW - Props to STMPO for the 2 gift certificates you donated to our club.

Awesome Ross!

Keep up the good work and for offering such unique and quality products and such amazing price points.

Now I need to get a set for my car!

WOOHOO!!

I won a $50 gift certificate from STMPO last night at the NSXCA-Bay Area dinner and I think I just found what I want to use it on.

BTW - Props to STMPO for the 2 gift certificates you donated to our club.

Just let me know... and your welcome... I hope the toy drive went well... we all need to reach out and help those that need it.

Reagards

we will have 3 more complete pairs of valve covers back from powdercoat next week...

everyone who was waiting... please inquire again.

Regards

I finally got a set from Ross for my car and I must say they look AWESOME!

Having driven a real NSX-R GT from Spoon, the color and texture of Ross' crinkle Red covers looks top notch and it's difficult to tell a difference IMO without having them side by side.

The color of the Red looks great, a rich and deep color, yet very 'red'. I'm very pleased.

Billy

How much for just the intake manifold cover? Also will it match on my OEM color red valve covers? Thanks.

My advice would be to do all 3... the stock na2 nsx did not come with type r krinkle red... they came red.

We priced this service so people would actually do them. We could charge 150 for the intake manifold and 500 for the set... we would still be cheaper than prior services offered... but we actually have the color that honda enthusiests seek.

Regards

Are you guys powdercoating brake calipers?

My advice would be to do all 3... the stock na2 nsx did not come with type r krinkle red... they came red.

We priced this service so people would actually do them. We could charge 150 for the intake manifold and 500 for the set... we would still be cheaper than prior services offered... but we actually have the color that honda enthusiests seek.

Regards

Are you guys powdercoating brake calipers?

Our brake caliper rebuild is a seperate service that comes with a fresh powdercoat and a complete rebuild.

We offer this service for all for corners at 559.95 a set on exchange.

This is the real deal in brake rebuilds... everything is returned new.

We have a silver NA1 and and Red NA1 in stock.

Regards

Attachments

• red all calipers2.jpg
    red all calipers2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 174
  • red caliper close up.jpg
    red caliper close up.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 168
  • red close up front caliper.jpg
    red close up front caliper.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 183
  • red front caliper.jpg
    red front caliper.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 162
  • silver all calipers.JPG
    silver all calipers.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 193
  • silver all calipers2.JPG
    silver all calipers2.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 154
Ross- Please hold a set for me....I will be flying back on Thurs.

I can have them at Jon's next week.... no worries.

He may have access to a set for the exchange too

Thanks bud,

I call Jon the mini NSX parts dealer with all the stuff he has in his garage.

:biggrin:

Got mines on as well....makes the engine definitely pop more.

They are a pita to install...thanks to jon m with that and thanks to ross for providing this.

these look awesome. do you know if the inboard valve cover is hard to get at or is it fairly easy access?

these look awesome. do you know if the inboard valve cover is hard to get at or is it fairly easy access?

Not sure what you mean by "inboard" - I assume the rear bank, by the trunk? If so, then yes, this is the more difficult one to remove because of the very tight space! I followed a couple of tips I picked up on Prime: driver side comes out first, and rotate (so turn clockwise after lifting the cover off, and clearing the wire harness on the passenger side, and hose on the driver side). Hope this helps!

-Mike

Its not an easy job....don't let anyone fool you that says its easy.

You have to remove a lot of stuff before you can take it off and with mines on the rear bank one of the coilpacks broke off in the cylinder while we were pulling it out. Found out that 3 of my coilpacks are bad and need replacing, but they are the original 19 year old coilpacks....so that is a true testament to the car. Finally got the broken rubber boot out with an unconventional tool and also found out that the spark plugs were pos splitfires in there....:mad:

So now at least I got all new coilpacks and oem plugs in there.....so that was the plus on swapping the pain in the ass valve covers. The rear one is tough....you have to make sure its on right or else it will be leaking and you have to do it all over again. Good luck.

Dont forget to use the Honda bond when putting back on the new gaskets.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by "inboard" - I assume the rear bank, by the trunk? If so, then yes, this is the more difficult one to remove because of the very tight space! I followed a couple of tips I picked up on Prime: driver side comes out first, and rotate (so turn clockwise after lifting the cover off, and clearing the wire harness on the passenger side, and hose on the driver side). Hope this helps!

-Mike

i was actually talking about the front side but it didnt occur to me that the back side might actually be harder. thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back