• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tyre recommendation?

Hi all ... I'm a UK owner who has just discovered that Yoko UK have stopped bringing A022-H0s to our shores (or at least that was one report I heard).

So I'm looking at replacing all 4 with something else. I am currently running 215/45 ZR16 fronts and 245/40 ZR17 rears, i.e. totally stock for the year (2001 car, but its UK spec so has, I think, what you call solaris wheels?).

I want something thats as near as dammit to feeling like stock, with as good if not better wear and at least equal grip. I'd like the tyre size to be as close to OEM as poss. SO3 PP look plausible ... would 225/45 be ok for the front?

Please recommend me something!

hlweyl said:
Can you get the other OEM tire there, Bridgestone RE010?

Haven't tried. If I'm going to have to switch all 4 tyres (which its looking like - even though front are virtually new) I'm thinking of going to something more readily available.

Bridgestones S-03 PPs are okay - you should have no rubbing issue with 225s front if the car's not lowered (at least I had no problem with that size). I combined it with 255s at the rear.

But don't expect the same crisp steering and traction feeling on dry roads as you had with the stock Yokos. OTOH the Bridgestones may last a bit longer and do better (just my opinion!) on wet roads.

Scampy said:
Hi all ... I'm a UK owner who has just discovered that Yoko UK have stopped bringing A022-H0s to our shores (or at least that was one report I heard).
I suggest you contact Yokohama and ask them directly. There was an identical rumor on this side of the big pond and it's absolutely untrue.

They'll get them specially for you I think... but I'm looking at mid-october to get the rear tyres in, and the car is due a test and I want to take it to Spa in October.

NSX-Racer said:
Spa in october? That means rain - take the S-03 PPs, you won't regret it. ;)

Hmm... is that pretty much guaranteed that time of year? I know its very changeable at the best of times.

I've never been before so just starting to debate whether to wait and do it sometime next summer, then I can wait for the OEM yokos to come in and save money ... possibly looking for excuses to wimp out here ;)

Scampy said:
Hmm... is that pretty much guaranteed that time of year? I know its very changeable at the best of times.

Of course you can also have the first snow end of october - but no guaranty for that anyhow. You also may have rain at La Source and sun at Les Combes which makes it difficult for your tire decision.

Don't miss your Spa experience, you can see
here that there is also sun sometimes (although I had some light snow and -2 degrees C the year before in april).

I'll do it next year now I think (having just realised how much it'll cost me to do it!).

Which means I can just wait for some OEM Yokos to come my way now, so you can all safely ignore this thread!

NSX-Racer said:
Bridgestones S-03 PPs are okay - you should have no rubbing issue with 225s front if the car's not lowered (at least I had no problem with that size). I combined it with 255s at the rear.

I assume you are running 225/45/16 S03s?

AFAIK, that is the closest 16" they have to the stock 215/45/16s. I think a 225/45 is a bit tall and rounded, and avoided the S03s for that reason, but I expect they work fine for those who run them.

I have 225/40/16s on the stock 16" solaris silver fronts right now.

Back