• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ufc104

This saturday I'm thinking Lyota Machida will beat Rua. And no matter how hard Ben hits, Cain will keep an up-tempo pace with too much pressure and will win. Those are the only fights that come to mind.

This saturday I'm thinking Lyota Machida will beat Rua. And no matter how hard Ben hits, Cain will keep an up-tempo pace with too much pressure and will win. Those are the only fights that come to mind.

Machida is a freakin badass. I wish Shogun would have come to the UFC fighting the way he had in Pride and not with such a lack-luser performance as he had. I don't see him beating Machida.

I could care less about the other fights.

I'll pick Rua to win. His style seems to be a good match for Machida. He's extremely aggressive and his only downfall will be if he gets sloppy. Machida will find the smallest hole and use it to his advantage. His lackluster fight against Griffin was right after he had knee surgery and was unable to work on his cardio. Rua by knees...

Rua has looked terrible recently fighting the guys on the seniors circuit. Especially against Coleman. A stiff winds seems to be able to knock Liddell out lately.

I think Rua has signed up for more than he can handle with Machida. I don't see it leaving the first round unless they decide to shadow box for the first 3 minutes.

I'll pick Rua to win. His style seems to be a good match for Machida. He's extremely aggressive and his only downfall will be if he gets sloppy. Machida will find the smallest hole and use it to his advantage. His lackluster fight against Griffin was right after he had knee surgery and was unable to work on his cardio. Rua by knees...

Rua by knees....I don't know Malibu. I just don't see Machida standing in the clinch with Rua in order to be put in that situation. I do however see Rua swinging with the wide, looping punches (similar to Vandelai Silva) that wont land. His cardio is not up to par with Lyota and he may not go past the 2nd round!

Pro Picks on Sherdog overwhelmingly favor Machida 21-2. I just don't see Shogun being an easy walkthru. Looking forward to this weekend!!!

Those are insane odds. Rua can beat Machida if he can stay in tight. I want Machida to win due to his cool style, but Rua will not be a patsy.

i love machida but i think shogun got robbed hard. however the first 2 rounds was very close so they might've leaned it more towards machida so it ended up being machida 3-2 rounds.

The only rounds that were clear were Machida winning round 3, and Shogun winning 4 & 5. The first two rounds were a toss up - so you know they will go to the champ.

Dana White quote from mmajunkie.com:
"I think there will be a rematch," White said. "I talked to both of them, and they both agreed to a rematch."
:biggrin:

Well I think Rua probably won the snoozefest but I still stick by the addage, to win the championship you need to beat the champion. Shogun did NOT beat Machida. If it was any fight but a title fight, I would have given it to Shogun but being a title fight, the champion doesn't have to do anything. It is up to the challenger to "take" the belt, which I don't think he did.

I watched the fight over at Hurricane's in HB with a big crowd. It was very much pro Machida. Machida clearly lost the majority of the rounds. He was not the aggressor and he hardly landed anything. At the end, everyone was shocked that Rua didn't win.

I ended up having to buy a round of drinks for my friends that bet against me. They told me before the decision was announced that I should have put $100 on Rua because the odds would have given me $375 (I don't bet on sports). Anyhow, in a crowded room it didn't seem there was a single person that thought Machida would get the decision.

Rua was robbed. His game was tight and he punished Machida's legs. Had this have gone another couple rounds, Machida wouldn't have been walking.

I Anyhow, in a crowded room it didn't seem there was a single person that thought Machida would get the decision.

Rua was robbed. His game was tight and he punished Machida's legs. Had this have gone another couple rounds, Machida wouldn't have been walking.

As soon as the bell rang at the end of round five Rua threw his hands up in the air thinking he had the victory. Machida saw this and remembered to put his own hands in the air. It seemed that Machida did not feel that he had won the fight.

this fight was not good for machida in anyway because no body knew how to fight him in the past, but now they will all use shogun's strategy and take out his legs.

Back