• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ultimate NSX wheel guide!

eNeSeX 95T ,
The car looks sick ! And bump to one of the best threads, keep it going.

Updated yet again

NSX Prime name: KooLaid
year NSX: 93
Rim brand, and type: OZ Superleggera
rim size f/r :17x8/18x9
rim offset f/r: 48/35
tire size f/r: 215/40r17 F; 265/35r18 R
BBK? if so brand: NO
spacers needed f/r: NO
extended lugs? f/r: NO
lowered? with what setup?: Yes, Bilstein Lower Perch Stock Springs
front tire rubbing? inside/outside: No rub
tire rubbing rear?: NO
if you could re-order your current set-up, what would you change?: stickier tires

*note* I preach about going 40/40 offset alot. The rears on this 35 is pretty darn nice. Not as flush with the top of the rear fender but enough to reduce the rock chips, still NICE offset @35 for 9" rear rim. Fronts surprised me too, considering the 8mm difference on the 8" rim. However, it still looks really nice. Hands down, these are the BEST rims I've ever owned and ran to this day. To me, perfection in all ways.

SuperleggeraIMG_3317.JPG

SuperleggeraIMG_3412.JPG

I've also attached a picture of my former Lowenhart BR-5's on "asdn's" red T top. It's lowered but we don't know the maker of the springs or how much it's lowered. Compared to how it looked on my black nsx (look a few posts higher), you can tell that these Lowenharts look ALOT better on a red nsx.

nsx-br5_5_.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks David!

The rims are great and look nice on the NSX.

You practically gave them to me for the dirt cheap price I paid you.

Thanks David!

The rims are great and look nice on the NSX.

You practically gave them to me for the dirt cheap price I paid you.

Well pretty much, it covered the amount I put into them because I wanted you to have them be as perfect as I could get them. "Yojack" hooked me up in the beginning. So I figured I'd pass the same courtesy along. I'm proud to have hooked up a local owner. I've been passing extra parts around to everyone in town and out lol, I have enough spares to do it!

Like Curt tells me, "Dave, I wish I could break even on everything I've ever bought". Win Win situation for all of us no matter how you look at it. Glad you like them. They look GREAT on your car! Now you gotta decide which stock set you're gonna try to get rid of before you start to pile up like me! lol

I gotta get rid of one more set still. I still have a 3 sets of rims w/ tires, 2 good 18" front tires and 2 brand new 18" rear tires lol. Definitely won't have room when we move to SF. I can't even reach up high enough to stack the last 2 tires.

But ironically... my daily driver truck has nearly bald tires, 2 of which have a slow leak lol. Rims and tires everywhere, none to fit the car that gets used the most lol.

Last edited:
NSX Prime name: synth19
year NSX: 2002
Rim brand, and type: Volk GT-V
rim size f/r : 18X7.5" / 19X9.5
rim offset f/r: +33mm / +36mm
tire size f/r: TOYO TR1 215/35/18 / 275/30/19
BBK? if so brand: Yes, Stoptech. Front will NOT clear even with 3mm spacer.
spacers needed f/r: None
extended lugs? f/r: None
front tire rubbing? inside/outside: NONE
tire rubbing rear?: None
suspension: Tein Type Flex- VERY LOW
if you could re-order your current set-up, what would you change?: I will be adding a 3 mm spacer in the front and 5 mm spacer in the rear. Tested with this setup. NO RUBBING.

*if you have a pic of your set-up great, add it!

1a.jpg

Last edited:
nothing wrong with oem especially if they are light and look good- more money for tires and track days:smile:

NSX Prime name: EDRNSX1
year NSX: 1995
Rim brand, and type: Work Miester S1 3 piece
rim size f/r: 18 x 8" and 19 x 10.5"
rim offset f/r: ET +31 and ET+36 (41 but running 5mm spacer)
tire size f/r: 215/35/18 275/30/19
BBK? if so brand: not right now, but TONS of room
spacers needed f/r: no, but again i put in 5mm to look better
extended lugs? f/r: no
lowered? with what setup? yes A LOT with Tein Coilovers (Front is 24" to center of front fender from ground and rear is 25.75")
front tire rubbing? inside/outside: YES on full lock, inner fender plastic piece, but NOT bad IMO
tire rubbing rear?: none at all
if you could re-order your current set-up, what would you change? Nothing, they fit AMAZING and the offsets/widths are PERFECT! I dont mind the minor rubbing up front, i love how low the car is.

here is pic of car before i bought it. also, the wheels are for sale! Just wanna go for different look. thanks

So sick. Do you have any more pics?

NSX Prime name: tceepa
year NSX : 1995 Targa
Rim brand, and type: Konig Lace
rim size f/r: Front 17 x 8, Rear 18 x 9.5
rim offset f/r: +45 / +45
tire size f/r: Front 215/40R17, Rear 265/35R18
BBK? if so brand: No
spacers needed f/r: No
extended lugs? f/r: Yonaka Motorsports open ended lug nuts - black M12 x1.5
lowered? with what setup?: Stock suspension
front tire rubbing? inside/outside: None
tire rubbing rear?: None
if you could re-order your current set-up, what would you change? Nothing. Love the rims. These Konig Lace rims have completely changed the look of the car. Thumbs up to Konig!

Attachments

• nsx_web5.jpg
    nsx_web5.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 880
  • nsx_web3.jpg
    nsx_web3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 868
  • nsx_web10.jpg
    nsx_web10.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 827
  • nsx_web11.JPG
    nsx_web11.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 826
  • nsx_web9.JPG
    nsx_web9.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 845
  • nsx_webv2.JPG
    nsx_webv2.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 820
  • nsx_web2.jpg
    nsx_web2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 771
  • nsx_web6.JPG
    nsx_web6.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 768
  • nsx_web4.jpg
    nsx_web4.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 770
  • yonaka_lugs.jpg
    yonaka_lugs.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 750
  • konig_lace.jpg
    konig_lace.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 741
Last edited:
Six pages and not a single post re BBS LMs??

Here you go:

NSX Prime Name: Jim
Year NSX : 1994
Rim brand, and type: BBS LM DBK
Rim size f/r: Front 17x7.5, Rear 18x9
Rim offset f/r: +38 / +42
Tire size f/r: Front 215/40/17, Rear 275/35/18
BBK? if so brand: No
Spacers needed f/r: No
Extended lugs? f/r: No
Lowered? with what setup?: Bilsteins, lower perch
Front tire rubbing? inside/outside: None
Tire rubbing rear?: None
If you could re-order your current set-up, what would you change?: Maybe coilovers

DSC02548a.JPG

NSX Prime: PUREVIL
Year NSX: 1991
Rim brand, and type: Manaray Sport MS-6
rim size f/r: 17X8 / 18X9.5
rim offset f/r: Check back later I need to go look.
tire size f/r: 215/40/17 / 265/35/18
BBK? if so brand: Stock
spacers needed f/r: No
extended lugs? f/r: No
lowered? with what setup?: Tein Mono Flex Coilovers
front tire rubbing? inside/outside: No / No
tire rubbing rear?: No
if you could re-order your current set-up, what would you change? Nothing, I ordered these Manaray's back in 1996 from Japan, before the whole JDM craze and I still love them. IMO perfect match for this car. I am thinking about buying a second set of wheels, black TE37s 18/19s to change the look for a bit. Sorry I will not be selling my Manarays. So dont ask :)

3305493439_47795272b5_o.jpg

2877428918_820ac46d32_o.jpg

2877428424_31c73ff6d5_o.jpg

Last edited:
sadly prime is still ruled by entropy ...the way it should be done is for each of us to migrate/add the data into the wiki pages for a quick and easy reference.

This thread is in desperate need of an update! :biggrin:

c'mon folks, post up your wheel and tire setups

Need to get tires and it's ALL downhill from here:biggrin:

In addition to the shopping list breakdown, tire brands should be included.

sadly prime is still ruled by entropy ...the way it should be done is for each of us to migrate/add the data into the wiki pages for a quick and easy reference.
Doc, I could probably go on with a philosophic debate about this but let me just suffice to say that in most enthusiast car forums people are inherently vain and, although I agree all this info should be in some type of database like a Wiki, there is simply not much motivation for the average primer (maybe only us old folks who see the value) to update a wiki in which they get no potential "props" from getting quoted and requoted in a regular social media oriented forum thread such as this.

Until a new mechanism where wikis can tap into the motivation of being vain, whomever updates the wiki page does so understanding it's pretty much a thankless job. If people update this particular thread then at least it's somewhere instead of no where. On a similar note, and i've said this before... nsxprime.com could certainly benefit from better "sticky thread" management. Not saying that's necessarily Lud's job... He does enough just keeping this site afloat. Thanks Lud!
Need to get tires and it's ALL downhill from here:biggrin:

In addition to the shopping list breakdown, tire brands should be included.
Can't wait to see them on!

Doc, I could probably go on with a philosophic debate about this but let me just suffice to say that in most enthusiast car forums people are inherently vain and, although I agree all this info should be in some type of database like a Wiki, there is simply not much motivation for the average primer (maybe only us old folks who see the value) to update a wiki in which they get no potential "props" from getting quoted and requoted in a regular social media oriented forum thread such as this.

Until a new mechanism where wikis can tap into the motivation of being vain, whomever updates the wiki page does so understanding it's pretty much a thankless job. If people update this particular thread then at least it's somewhere instead of no where. On a similar note, and i've said this before... nsxprime.com could certainly benefit from better "sticky thread" management. Not saying that's necessarily Lud's job... He does enough just keeping this site afloat. Thanks Lud!

Can't wait to see them on!

very true!!!! So let me applaud your insight:biggrin:

very true!!!! So let me applaud your insight:biggrin:
I had no idea you'd agree. I was looking forward to a healthy OT debate! :biggrin:

You know what would be cool is if a link to a a relevant Wiki article was strategically placed as a "sticky" in certain subforums. I think that would gain the minimum critical mass needed to make Wikis self sustaining. Oh well, maybe in another life (or in another car lol).

Back