• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Underground Parking Lift

I am going to call them today and seriously look into 2 of them. My garage is too short for regular lifts and I have a full basement so I dont think it would be that different to dig under the garage. It will just cost.

I just called them and they said it starts out at $50,000. to start (including install). That dosent cover the excavation of the area.

ouch. that's even more than i expected. thanks for posting what you found.

there's a "garage condo" development near where i live, where you can buy a HUGE storage space with utility hookups in the $80K range. not every locale has that type of thing available, but i might go that route someday.

What would be a really neat idea is something like this, with a tall enough garage ceiling that you could raise or lower the platform with both cars on it (stacked) to take out whichever one you wanted without shuffling cars around. I bet you could custom build that for significantly less than $50k.

MJK said:
What would be a really neat idea is something like this, with a tall enough garage ceiling that you could raise or lower the platform with both cars on it (stacked) to take out whichever one you wanted without shuffling cars around. I bet you could custom build that for significantly less than $50k.

LIke this? :biggrin:

either one would be cool and a thought for when I build. I was looking at this as a fix since I have no space to build on either side of my home for additional parking. I really like the Idea of hiding the car in the ground. Now i just have to justify the cost to get one. :biggrin:

edit. oops

Wow, nice.

Maybe the subterranean one in your driveway would be good, then your garage remains free. Digging would be easier too.
http://www.katopark.com/subterranean.htm

prices: This is Europe. Prices are secret. :biggrin: But there appears to be a US rep.
http://www.katopark.com/index.htm

If you contact them, can you please post the approx. prices? It would be very interesting.

Send them a e-mail and they said the pricing is round: $50,000 to $70,000+ they get custom made and send me a lot of info (a really lot few pages)

Last edited:
postman said:
Wow, Katopark has some cool stuff. A triple-stack... that would nice!
Yeah they got some cools systems too I will ask them for the prices too so that I can compare them

Depending on the size of the cars you want to stack, you can install a regular 4 post lift in your garage and stack 2 cars if you have a ceiling about 9'6" or more.

PaulL said:
Depending on the size of the cars you want to stack, you can install a regular 4 post lift in your garage and stack 2 cars if you have a ceiling about 9'6" or more.

That is what the rep for the phantom park told me as well. It looks like the fit would be tight but i am going to measure my garage this week and see if it would work. I just dont like the idea of taking a chance with damaging the NSX. I have seen where others on Prime have that setup but their 2nd cars are sports coups or sedans.

Got the e-mail from Katopark there way cheaper
They have a one car system and a 2 car system (European prices!) prices in the US will not be much higher i think
subterrenean 1 HIGH: 19,500 EUR
subterrenean 2 HIGH: 32,500 EUR

AdnanVCS said:
Got the e-mail from Katopark there way cheaper
They have a one car system and a 2 car system (European prices!) prices in the US will not be much higher i think
subterrenean 1 HIGH: 19,500 EUR
subterrenean 2 HIGH: 32,500 EUR

Thanks for sharing. That's more in the ballpark of what I thought something like this would cost.

postman said:
Thanks for sharing. That's more in the ballpark of what I thought something like this would cost.
No problem they have the same basic system with options of roofing of the system (marbel,etc) they also get custom made.

Back