• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unique reaction to the NSX

nsxtasy said:
Last time I had my car tested at our state's emissions inspection station, the guys working there were young car guys who knew all about the NSX.
The last time I had my emmisions done, the kid at the inspection station also knew about the NSX, but he couldn't stop talking about his Integra. "You should mod your car. My Integra has 1000 horsepower". I tried to explain that there was more to life than raw horsepower, but I don't think he gets it.

Oh well,

Great stories..

One time, my wife and I were driving on the rural road with the t-top off. We saw two kids riding bicycles from the distance. Then, one of the kids (probably in their 1st or 2nd grade in elementary school at most) completely stopped, and pointed his finger at my car driving forward. As I passed him by, I heard him screaming in high-tone (almost girly voice), "Oh my god, Acura NSX!!! Oh my God.. Oh my God!!!" Then, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw him jumping around as if he just won the gold medal at the Olympic.

I was pleasantly surprised that such a little boy could tell exactly what my car was from the distance whereas some of my car "crazy" friends (they claim) could not distinguish the difference between NSX and Corvette.

spyderman33 said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about the occasional tourist that snaps pics of you in the car when you drive by thinking that you are a celebrity..

lol..

In fact, I was at this gas station, and an old gentleman came up to me, and politely asked, "are you Jackie Chan? Could I get an autograph?" I was speechless, and my wife started laughing out loud. (I am Asian, but do not look like Jackie Chan at all).

My wife still makes fun of me for that incident.

LrdVader said:
The last time I had my emmisions done, the kid at the inspection station also knew about the NSX, but he couldn't stop talking about his Integra. "You should mod your car. My Integra has 1000 horsepower". I tried to explain that there was more to life than raw horsepower, but I don't think he gets it.

Oh well,

An EMISSIONS guy talking you modding your car...anyone see the irony here?

So I drive up to a new home development and park in front of the model home..After taking a tour of the residence, the saleswoman asked if I had any interest in purchasing one of their new units...As I explained that they weren't what I was looking for, she cheerfully bemoaned that she wished I would, as both she and her manager agreed they would love to have my new Corvette parked in the neighborhood...I thanked her, but responded that "actually, it's a new Acura". After a short pause, she cheerfully replied," oh, I see, well, we would still like it parked here anyway"....
I toyed with the idea of responding that I was thinking of taking the same money to a Chevy dealer, but what the Hell was I gonna do with 2 Corvettes?...But I stopped short of this remark with an undertone of material arrogance, which would have been directed at someone who was just trying to be upbeat and complimentary...So I smiled, thanked her, and wished her much success with her home sales...

Of the numerous comments ive gotten on the car.. the most memorable was coming home from dinner up in SF.

Coming down 3rd street, heading back toward the fwy - i pass the marriott and - while waiting at the light next to the Metreon - get some guy yelling "Hey.. nice penis extender"

at which point - which shocked the hell out of me - my passenger said "DEFINITELY no problems in that department - but it is good marketing eh?"

i was red the whole drive home...

TigerNSX said:
In fact, I was at this gas station, and an old gentleman came up to me, and politely asked, "are you Jackie Chan? Could I get an autograph?" I was speechless, and my wife started laughing out loud. (I am Asian, but do not look like Jackie Chan at all).

My wife still makes fun of me for that incident.

I've had a couple of people think that I was Derreck Jeter from a short distance, but the funny thing is that I am white, with stright brown hair. I wouldn't think that is who they would say, but considering all the ladies he pulls in, I take it as a huge compliment. As long as they don't say I look like Gary Coleman, I am happy. :D

spdntckt said:
Of the numerous comments ive gotten on the car.. the most memorable was coming home from dinner up in SF.

Coming down 3rd street, heading back toward the fwy - i pass the marriott and - while waiting at the light next to the Metreon - get some guy yelling "Hey.. nice penis extender"

at which point - which shocked the hell out of me - my passenger said "DEFINITELY no problems in that department - but it is good marketing eh?"

i was red the whole drive home...

Haha! Aren't we all so lucky?

Several responses:

(1) Being the true auto enthusiast I am I can appreciate other cars, including Corvettes. There is a massive Corvette show every September in Carlisle, PA (15 minutes from me) so I went this year. There are so many Corvettes it takes 1.5 hours to make it a few miles into the fairgrounds. I'm inching along in this sea of C5's, Stringrays, and Z06's while this kid (6 or 7 yrs old) goes nuts pointing at my car yelling "NSX! NSX!" Pretty cool that he could point it out in a sea of hundreds of Vettes.

(2) Two weeks ago in Ocean City MD I'm picking up a bottle of wine to take back to the hotel (where my GF is). It's nighttime and I have the top off. Two attractive 20-something girls are in the store. Before I put the key in the ignition their friend in the SUV parked next to me yells "I love your car!" I thank her and smile. To be 20 again....

(3) Same night at a gas station I'm filling up. A guy comes over and says "Wow, haven't seen that Acura in a while. Do they still make them?"

(4) Last Sunday at an auto parts store I took the X to pick up a part for my Jeep. A short older fella follows me into the store and inquisistively asks what kind of car it is, what year, etc, etc. He said that it sure was nice. I thanked him. He said "I had to know because my wife is visually handicapped and even she pointed that red car out!"

I had only had my X for about 3 months and was in S. Florida when I was at a light with the top off and windows down. A nice looking girl pulls up beside me and says "Hi, thats my favorite car! It makes my pu$$y wet when I see one! :eek:

I was flabbergasted. One of the few times in my life I was at a loss for words. Just had to remind myself: I'm a married man! I'm a married man!

FlyNLow said:
I had only had my X for about 3 months and was in S. Florida when I was at a light with the top off and windows down. A nice looking girl pulls up beside me and says "Hi, thats my favorite car! It makes my pu$$y wet when I see one! :eek:

I was flabbergasted. One of the few times in my life I was at a loss for words. Just had to remind myself: I'm a married man! I'm a married man!

Jimmy is that you?? It's Kevin, Darren's friend - we went to Homestead in your X. You inspired me to go for it!

Kevin

So..it's safe to say the NSX is a chick magnet?:D

ravi(great for the single guys like me LOL)

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Most people that ask to see my engine usally stand in front of my car until i open the glass hatch......and then they go like
ohmygod.gif

A couple of times, just to mess with people, I have opened the front hood when someone asked to see the engine. I then pointed at the air conditioner compressor, which looks a bit like a motor. Both people bought it, until I showed them the real engine.

OK, it was a bit cruel, I admit it. But it sure was funny.

Chip

But there is not anything wrong with that!

pbassjo said:
There was no mention or indication of the passenger's sex.;)

Yeah, but the originator of that story was the one who posted the reply about HER cool points, so I hope he knew what sex his Peni$ evaluator was:D:D

Otherwise, go to this thread

calexand said:
A couple of times, just to mess with people, I have opened the front hood when someone asked to see the engine. I then pointed at the air conditioner compressor, which looks a bit like a motor. Both people bought it, until I showed them the real engine.

OK, it was a bit cruel, I admit it. But it sure was funny.

Chip

Chip,

Please enlighten me on the location of the AC compressor in the front compartment. The last time I saw mine, it was attached under the engine on the passenger side.

Maybe you are referring to the blower housing for the interior climate system?

My strangest was putting the top on my Targa at a Home Depot. A nice middle aged Hippie looking fellow got out of his Vanagon and said...

"You know the same man who designed the Covette's removable roof also designed the last Packard"

I just said I did not realize that and went into the store.:D

Probably the nicest "incident" was my first trip to Roebling when I was still tracking the red car. Stopped at a very large gas station on the edge of whatever freeway I was taking into Savannah from central GA. A young guy in his twenties came over and said "that is an NSX, isn't it?" Then he motioned to his ?little brother? in his car to come over and look at it. Once he arrived the older guy went into a fairly detailed description of the NSX and how great a car it was, how it had changed the world of exotics when it came out, and how he would own one some day. They both sat in the car and we must have talked for over 15 minutes. Made me really proud to have this great car.:)

Re: But there is not anything wrong with that!

ncdogdoc said:
Yeah, but the originator of that story was the one who posted the reply about HER cool points, so I hope he knew what sex his Peni$ evaluator was:D:D

Duh, you're right!:confused:

I must pay better attention!:eek:

Reactions to car

I previously owned an 1988 1/2 black Lamborghini Countach (which I eventually replaced with my NSX), so I am used to outrageous reactions from people. The first time I drove my NSX, I was disappointed by how little attention it drew. In a way, I'm kind of relieved. When I used to drive the black Lamborghini, it would create traffic jams everywhere it was driven. I couldn't even pick my nose without the whole world noticing! I can "blend in" a little more with the NSX.

Hungedu- I'm sure the lambo get mucho attention, but the NSX does get it good share.

I've got some smiles from cute girls, and a bunch of head turning.
ONe cool one was I saw a super low mid-size pickup coming in the rear view pretty fast, they pull up and give a thumbs up.

They then prompted me too gun it to hear it go, so I did. As they caught up later, I gestured my hand in an up and down motion beacuse I knew it had hydraulics. They smiled and prompted to bounce the truck getting both front tires way off the ground all the way through the next intersection, my GF and me got a kick out of it.

Lambo withdrawal

I'm still very new to the NSX. I bought mine several months ago and now have it stored for the winter. I didn't get too much time behind the wheel this year, and I've never had the chance to drive it here locally. I'd imagine I'll be getting all sorts of positive reactions next summer when it comes out of hibernation. People out here in West Virginia rarely ever see an NSX, let alone a Lamborghini. In fact, I haven't ANY other NSXs out here....EVER! Most people around here have big, noisy pickup trucks or Hyundai Accents and Tiburons with silly decals all over them. I can't wait to see THEIR reactions!

A Lamborghini was just way too much of a maintenance headache, and I couldn't see a damn thing out of the windows. It's a miracle I never wrecked the thing. I love my NSX and am quickly recovering from my Lambo withdrawal!

I've had my car for over 4 years now so I've had my fair share of comments.

Recent ones that come to mind are:

Had two guys pull up, straight out of that "Thing gotta HEMI?" commericial. And asked me how fast my car was in the quarter. I say, "high 12's, low 13's" and they said, "That's it?!" They were puzzled. Then they gave me some advice, "that's stock though right?" - Me: "I have it modified." Them: "You have a chip in it?" Me: "No" Them: "You should do that, you get 100 horsepower from it."

There was a bum that was on the median with a sign asking for money, he put down his sign, stared at my engine (had no cover on at the time) and said, "The engine's the middle?!? I've never seen that." It was memorable because he went from his poor "help me I'm homeless face" to "what kind of car is that" face instantly. Didn't expect that.

Back