• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial NSX with Hp Evos thread

How are the weights of the wheels?

I just spoke with the guys at HP and they are not light. I am running 18/19 with a chrome lip and mine are 28lbs and 32lbs. I am looking for 17s for the track about 16-18lbs each.

I hope this helps.

What front tire size are everyone running 215 or 225x 35? thks for any info, also list what springs you are using...thks:biggrin:

ARFNSXTC said:
I just spoke with the guys at HP and they are not light. I am running 18/19 with a chrome lip and mine are 28lbs and 32lbs. I am looking for 17s for the track about 16-18lbs each.

I hope this helps.

That seems awfully heavy. Are there any negatives on having wheels weighing that much?

^^^^i would like to know the same. All i know about heavy wheels is the fact that it takes more effort to steer and in spinning them(kind of obvious) so my guess is that there's prolly a lil bit of loss in torque :confused: just a guess on my part, but i'd like to know if its a fact and the other downs on having heavier wheels

COMPDNSX said:
I actually like the way these look...perhaps I might consider getting a set too.... at least then My kid will have a chance to go to college with the extra money I have to set aside......what offsets are these?? Are all the HPs for the NSX 18/19s???

Great Shot!:cool:

what is that under piece of the exhaust called? ive been looking for that, but don't know where to buy it.

Heavy wheels do have an impact on how the car drives, the steering will be harder, I personaly have not noticed a huge change on steering effort, but everybody has their own perceptions.

Wheels are "Unsprung whight" which is the worst kind of weight to have as far as the effects on handling.

If you are going to track your car HP Evos are not the wheels for you.

I like them because I am not a bazzilionare and cannot afford to spend 4-5k on wheels, also I drive my car on the street so I personally have 2 factors that are most important 1: they look nice 2: they are tough

Wheels on a street car get all sorts of abuse, I just cannot see for myself spending 5k on wheels and worrying about them getting scraped or curbed all the time.

IMO most of the really lightweight wheels that are good for track use, are not that nice too look at, but if you are going to track your car, and mean it, you gotta have light wheels.

IMO If you're going to track your car and drive it on the street, the stock 16/17s or 17/17 on newer cars are the way to go.

kouasupra said:
Post your NSX with Hp Evos. I'll start :smile:

11482mynsxinternet.jpg

Can someone photoshop this picture with bronze/gold and gunmetal centers. Trying to get an idea of what my car would look like with those rims. Yes I know gold/bronze is not available currently with this rim, but if I prefer the gold/bronze I will look to another brand but similar style rim.

Thanks,

Carl

Since someone else bumped this thread, I'll add some pictures...

I love my HP Evo's.

(I have lowering springs, just haven't installed them)

Mine don't vibrate at high speed. :confused:

Hmmm...I did a search before buying these wheels and I found that it's common for spacers to cause vibration. It would be perfect if I got rid of vibration. I know it's not the car because with the stock wheels/tires on the car, it's as smooth as silk on the freeways.

What size are your spacers?

What tires are you using Alex? Is anyone else experiencing vibration on highway driving? Thanks.

Does anyone know the status of RP Motorsports inventory on the Hyper silver finish polished lip set? Thanks again.

Last edited:
These are all 38 offsets. My question is, is everyone using the spacers? Also, are your NSX's lowered? How much? Any fitment issues? Thanks in advance. I am looking to redo my wheel set-up, so these are questions I have before making a decision.

Does anyone know the status of RP Motorsports inventory on the Hyper silver finish polished lip set? Thanks again.

I *think* the spacers are needed for the fronts. I wish they didn't because of my post above but they sit PERFECTLY in the wheelwells front and back. No other wheel I've had had a big front lip like these do. My car is lowered on H&R springs with VERY little rubbing when I take a REALLY hard turn.

DV8,

Hotness:eek:

Thanks for noticing the request, I figured it was going to fall by the wayside. Those are some good combinations, I like all three, decisions decisions...

Hmmm...I did a search before buying these wheels and I found that it's common for spacers to cause vibration. It would be perfect if I got rid of vibration. I know it's not the car because with the stock wheels/tires on the car, it's as smooth as silk on the freeways.

What size are your spacers?

Sounds like you guys with front end vibration need hubcentric spacers. I would just about put money on that being the problem. If you're really careful and tighten the wheel as much as you can while it's off the ground it will self center but sometimes that's not centered enough. Might want to give it a shot.

Back