• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial Thread for NA Tuned Dyno Charts

BD

Legendary Member
Ladies and Germs, please post your dyno graph for NA engines. Stock or Mod. If with Mod, please post the following information:

Location and the type of Dyno. And time of the year (temperature).
Model Year
Stock Dyno number
Mods Dyno number - Including Bolt-On or internal mods.
Or both - Before and after.

Curious to see the results. Many of you have seen my number, it was rather curiously high for a bold-on NA. I curious to see what others have achieved. I think this will also be a good thread to have a consolidated list.

Thanks

PS. Please keep this thead clean, so there will be less browser movement requied when comparing the charts.

Last edited:
Autowave.
August of 06
Approximately 80 degree temp

Red line: Taitec GT-One v.2 Superflow Titanium exhaust and CT Unifilter.
Blue Line: Fujitsubo Header, custom Test Pipes, Taitec GT-One v.2 Superflow Titanium exhaust and CT Unifilter.

13449DSC00657-med.JPG

MCM said:
Looks like Autowave has a "nice" dyno.:biggrin:

Not really. On the eve of the USCC, we dynoed at 650 rwhp/ 455 ft-lbs on Autowave's Dyno Dynamics (73F). The next day at K&N, we got 677 rwhp/ 469 ft-lbs on their Dynojet (83F). No changes except for temperature during the twelve hours in between.

Vance: NICE #s:eek:

(A LONG time ago- circa 1995, I hit 325 rwhp NA at 9400 rpm with 3.0 AIS/Uni/TB/H/E and Motec, P/P heads and intake manifold, oversized SS valves, springs, retainers. Can't find the sheet anymore:frown:)

Regards,

Danny

Modifications at the time of this dyno session (5/11/05):
92 5spd, 26k miles

Taitec GTLW exhaust
Royal Purple 10w/30
Cantrell AIS
Uni air filter
new fuel filter
NGK Iridium spark plugs
Toyo T1-S rear tires.

Bone stock NA1 NSX should dyno 230~240rwhp (270 X 0.88=237rwhp), assuming motor is healthy. I think Autowave dyno is dead on. 245rwhp is with everything except GTLW exhaust. So it is safe to say my stock# is approximately 235~240rwhp.
Jason-nsx-dyno.jpg

Here's my pre-CTSC dyno graph for my '95. The car had Comptech Headers, Comptech Exhaust, and the Comptech Intake w/Uni-Filter...

Attachments

• Baseline Dyno Run_020106b.jpg
    Baseline Dyno Run_020106b.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,025
nsxsupra said:
Modifications at the time of this dyno session (5/11/05):
92 5spd, 26k miles

Taitec GTLW exhaust
Royal Purple 10w/30
Cantrell AIS
Uni air filter
new fuel filter
NGK Iridium spark plugs
Toyo T1-S rear tires.

Bone stock NA1 NSX should dyno 230~240rwhp (270 X 0.88=237rwhp), assuming motor is healthy. I think Autowave dyno is dead on. 245rwhp is with everything except GTLW exhaust. So it is safe to say my stock# is approximately 235~240rwhp.
Jason-nsx-dyno.jpg

Great numbers if you were only running the CAIS and Uni Air Filter with the Taitec GTLW, are you sure that your car didn't have headers instead of the OEM exhaust manifolds? BTW: I've seen in your most recent post about weight reduction that you are listing the CT headers there.

nsxsupra said:
What kind of odd question is this? j/k:confused: :biggrin:

The car had the oem plungers up until recently. The dyno above is from last year, you can search the forum. Looks like oem plugers to me:smile::

23.JPG

The Comptech headers was added recently after I had CTSC for a few months. I actually like the sound with oem plungers a lot better.

Tx's for the clarification. I haven't followed your NSX threads for a while. (BTW: Didn't you used to live in Seattle and lived part time in NorCal for a while?)

The dyno numbers were really good for having only the CAI/Uni Filter and the GTLW, your car was probably capable of 280+rwhp by changing to headers based on the historical data about the NA1's benefitting substantially from that mod.

Compare your results with Scorp's where he is running without cats and has aftermarket headers and exhaust with the stock airbox and the Uni Filter.

From all the many dyno runs that I have seen here in the SF Bay Area I have not seen a NA1 pulling similar numbers without having an aftermarket header installed on the car.

BTW: Are the AutoWave dyno numbers corrected for Temperature/Elevation/Humidity?

Last edited:
I had my car dyno at autowave 2+ years ago when it only has aftermarket exhaust. It was a very hot day 95F+. I should bring it back for another dyno since I now have DC sport header and dali ecu.

92 NSX with 50K miles at the time. big heavy 18" Volk wheels

Dyno.JPG

I thought there might be a change in slope at vtech on dynos but i don't really see it on the anyone's graph? Alot of people have mentioned that with headers and exhaust they noticed vtech engaging sooner?

Oh and fess up if you used racing fuel :)

Last edited:
97 NA2 with:
Comptech headers, exhaust and high flow cats
Cantrell AIS
beta piggy back chip(was told by Devin Pearce that it only adds 3-5HP)

This was a "before and after"(the mods listed above) done a couple years ago by Devin. His original posting created a stir as many doubted the accuracy of the dyno. His dyno is one the most accurate in Detroit. You can see that thread here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39059&highlight=headers+dyno
So, no flames please!:smile:

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 971
lowellhigh79 said:
A LONG time ago- circa 1995, I hit 325 rwhp NA at 9400 rpm with 3.0 AIS/Uni/TB/H/E and Motec, P/P heads and intake manifold, oversized SS valves, springs, retainers. Can't find the sheet anymore:frown:)

Regards,

Danny

Holy crap......9400 rpm...

spyderplayer2002 said:
Holy crap......9400 rpm...

The curve was still climbing at 8100 so we upped the rev limit till it started to drop at 9400.:eek: Sweetest sound I've ever heard came out of the AIS near the driver's left ear.

Regards,

Danny

nsxtacey said:
I noticed ppl with autowave dyno sheets don't have tq #'s :confused:

Hp is great and all but tq is where its at :biggrin:

The torque curve is there, just the max torque is not given.

Regards,

Danny

Time for a bump on a old and dead thread. I did a little research on power gains from various exhausts. Regarding the built quality, I have detailed pics of all exhaust for comparison, fitment wise, every car is different. Some can get lucky with the fitment, someone else might not be so lucky with same exact exhaust.

The margin of error of all 3 cars is within 1%.

Jose's NA2 with Taitec GT Lightweight exhaust no aftermarket headers:
Dyno-exhaust2007-02-01.jpg

Steve's NA2 with Ark exhaust+ hp reducing Apexi Power Intake, no aftermarket headers on before dyno:

295rwhp, the NA HP is the 2nd line from top, NA torque is 4th line from top. Only 74rwhp over stock is a little low for CTSC but reasonable:
dyno_small.jpg

Vance's NA2 with GT-One Titanium exhaust, no headers.
13449DSC00324.jpg

Last edited:
All your numbers are making me feel bad. Do not have scanner on hand to post, but I did dyno at SR Motocars on 6/7/07

NA2 with RM/B&B exhaust, weapon-r intake, test-pipe, dali air induction

Max hp=262.41
Max tq=202.38

I do have Piaa 19" wheels in the back (too heavy) and was told need a less restrictive exhaust for better numbers:frown:

All your numbers are making me feel bad. Do not have scanner on hand to post, but I did dyno at SR Motocars on 6/7/07

NA2 with RM/B&B exhaust, weapon-r intake, test-pipe, dali air induction

Max hp=262.41
Max tq=202.38

I do have Piaa 19" wheels in the back (too heavy) and was told need a less restrictive exhaust for better numbers:frown:

Just take it to autowave. YOu'll get free 30+ HP :p

I dont' think so. I just had my Dyno done at Dyno Jet, under hotter, more humid, and higher altitude condition. I got very similar result.

Dyno'd from Autowave in September of 2006

13449DSC00658.JPG

Dyno'd on Dynojet system June of 2007
Dyno_295.jpg

Any one who have ridden or driven my car will tell you, the car feels just as fast as NA1 with first gen standard boost CTSC. And if you question it... Don't hate, or jealous or bitter or....:biggrin:

I am hopping to be around 300 to the wheels with my NA NA1.:biggrin:

Vance,

I was wondering why it dynoed lower on Dynojet. Since Dynojet always dyno a little bit higher than Dynodynamic.

Not to feed your ego, but looking the graph and info. 295rwhp is uncorrected, written on the graph you posted, under those condition it is about 309.75rwhp corrected. With 1.03~1.05 correction factor. The computer calculate by itself, you have to check what they have on file.

On Dynojet weather sensors are built into the dyno, there is no magic buttons. You can ask and check the graph with C/F. Near 310rwhp corrected is about right.

No wonder Erick got really low #s. He is got roughtly 256 uncorrected 268.8rwhp with C/F and heavy wheels, maybe 270~275rwhp with lighter wheels on same dyno jet. Maybe close to 290~295rwhp with addition of headers. His NSX is not wimp either.

Any one who have ridden or driven my car will tell you, the car feels just as fast as NA1 with first gen standard boost CTSC. And if you question it... Don't hate, or jealous or bitter or....:biggrin:
Remember you always stress, it is always feels faster riding in passenger seat. 100% true, however you will always still feel the difference in faster car. Ride in S2k or Accord then hop onto NSX or C6. There is a big difference.

Stardard CTSC even the old one is good for 330~340rwhp, if it is a 95~96 NSX-T or NA1 with widebody+big wheels. The difference would not be much if at all, but if it were a NSX that weights the same or lighter with 330~340rwhp, then there will be difference, gearing advantage not enough to make up for the difference. Power to weight ratio + a little bit of gearing is what determine the speed. It is really no rocket science.

Take Simo and John's Gruppe M for example. They both handed me the key, the least I could do for them was drive the shit out of it to show my appreciation then give a true honest 3rd person opinion. Only way to truely test it out a car is definitely not in 1st gear in a parking lot. Got to run through the gears, squeeze out the last rev before fuel cut. Simo's NSX is actually very shockingly close to John's old set up, 1st gear almost the same due about 300~350lbs lighter than John's NSX, but as the car get rolling I could easily feel the power difference. While there is 80rwhp difference, the car felt a lot closer in power, maybe only felt just off by 30~40rwhp. Don't know how much of that was contributed to the sound, but my ears were nearly bleeding after driving the crap out of Simo's NSX.

The feel is deceiving as the NA1 have 5spd, louder car always make the car sound faster than it actually is. I would say because of the high HP# + 6spd, it will feel nearly as fast as standard CTSC + widebody in 2nd gear. From a 3rd person perspective, true honestly review, 1st gear is your weakness/disadvantage. 2nd gear is your main strength/advantage.

You be shocked by the difference there maybe. If you are not afraid to find out, you and Erick and his supposely far inferior NA1 to NA2 can line up and do a rolling acceleration from 50~115mph. That is the way to test and find out the truth and the difference. There is no doubt which is quicker but the question is how much difference. I can sit in either yours or his NSX to add weight penalty and get it on video:biggrin:.

Vance,

I was wondering why it dynoed lower on Dynojet. Since Dynojet always dyno a little bit higher than Dynodynamic.

Not to feed your ego, but looking the graph and info. 295rwhp is uncorrected, written on the graph you posted, under those condition it is about 309.75rwhp corrected. With 1.03~1.05 correction factor. The computer calculate by itself, you have to check what they have on file.

On Dynojet weather sensors are built into the dyno, there is no magic buttons. You can ask and check the graph with C/F. Near 310rwhp corrected is about right.

No wonder Erick got really low #s. He is got roughtly 256 uncorrected 268.8rwhp with C/F and heavy wheels, maybe 270~275rwhp with lighter wheels on same dyno jet. Maybe close to 290~295rwhp with addition of headers. His NSX is not wimp either.
If what you say is correct, it is possible, because Autowave Dyno was done before my Mugen AIS.

HOWEVER, I dont' believe Erick's car can get up to 290~295rwp even with headers, in fact, I encourage Erick to bring a lighter set of tires. If he does it again. I have always believe that even with heavier wheels, upper RPM range is not effect, because once the wheels are in motion into proper RPM range, the final HP rating should not be effected. The lower range however, may be.

You be shocked by the difference there maybe. If you are not afraid to find out, you and Erick and his supposely far inferior NA1 to NA2 can line up and do a rolling acceleration from 50~115mph. That is the way to test and find out the truth and the difference. There is no doubt which is quicker but the question is how much difference. I can sit in either yours or his NSX to add weight penalty and get it on video:biggrin:.

Of course, I just don't want to kill what ever little confidence he had left with his car....lol :biggrin: Don't forget, we dyno'd on the same day, on the same system, and he had the car tuned and still left with 255, so yep, and my car is little lighter (offset by my fat ass). Find a time and place and I'll even let you be the driver for my car:smile:

My '91 with:

139,xxx kilometers
Downforce intake Scoop
K&N filter
Procar Specials carbon fiber intake pipe
DC Sports headers
Dali Ricerocket cat-back
Dali Racing ECU chip

MAXHPTQ.gif

Back