• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Updated List of Wheels Weights

They are very light! When I was putting mine on, I was amazed how easily I could lift them. Ultra-light!
Like so:biggrin: It is almost laughable light.

19.jpg

Holding with 2 fingers in this pic, the weight is actually supported by just 1 finger. The other finger is just there to prevent dropping the wheel.
16.jpg

For years this thread is alive nobody bothered to ask or post weight of Volk AV3's. How odd... I guess nobody else is running them just me? Or maybe they never existed left alone that they where discontinued :rolleyes:

No, NsxSupra is just a really buff guy. Obviously he works out, just look at his arms when hes holding the wheels with 2 fingers. It looks like its from one of those martial required trainings. :biggrin:

-Andy

For years this thread is alive nobody bothered to ask or post weight of Volk AV3's. How odd... I guess nobody else is running them just me? Or maybe they never existed left alone that they where discontinued :rolleyes:

I agree. I read every word in this thread looking for the weight of the AV3's.

Does anyone know?

Does anyone know the weight of the Type S / Zanardi wheel I heard different weights quoted.

Cheers,

AR

Ojas posted 66.4lbs for the set, so probably 14.x front and 17.x lb rear.
Just over 9lbs lighter than the OEM 16/17 7 spoke rims.

I should be able to confirm in a month.

I agree. I read every word in this thread looking for the weight of the AV3's.

Does anyone know?

I remember finding this years ago when I was NSX shopping. They are good looking, but they are boat anchors IIRC.

Damn, I heard they were boat anchors!!!

I know all the info should be in this thread, but I'm having a hard time deciphering which wheels are currently available and how much they cost and exactly how much they weigh.
Could someone PLEASE break it down for me. I really need to get rid of these boat anchors!

Attached please see the updated list (extensive list).

Updated as of December 2007.

Attachments

• wheel-weight-alpha.pdf
    238.2 KB · Views: 1,830
I have the Volk LE-37 18-19 any guess on weight.

If they are 18x7.5 and 19x9.5, they would be 17.0lbs front and 20.9 rear (same as TE37 - the only difference is the polished lip on LE37).

According to the supposedly very accurate digital scale at my local post office, the OEM 2002 - 2005 NSX wheels I bought weigh the following:

17" x 7" front rims: 7.68 kg (16.93 lb)
17" x 9" rear rims: 8.94 kg (19.71 lb)

This was with the valve stems but without the center caps. To whom it may concern.

Are these oem 2002-2005 wheels FORGED?

Thanks for the info on the oem wheels, do you know what offset the OEM's are by chance? How come on the first post the weight/width is different:

Acura NSX Forged 17x8.5 20.9

IsR: thanks for this post info as well, I got these exact same wheels enroute in matte black so good to know I'll be adding roughly 24 lbs of extra rotating mass to the car! :eek:

rk

Yeah, the 2002-05 wheels say "forged" on them. The offsets are listed here: 55mm front and 56mm rear.

The 17x8.5 wheels mentioned in the first post are the 1994-2001 rear wheels, which weigh a bit more than the 2002-05 rims.

Replaced my BBS RSII wheels with OZ Ultraleggera's:

Old:
Front: BBS RSII 17x8 - weight is 11.0 kg = 24.3 lbs
Rear: BBS RSII 18x10 - weight is 11.8 kg = 26.0 lbs

new:
Front: OZ Racing Ultralegerra 17x7 - weight is 7.8 kg = 17.2 lbs
Rear: OZ Racing Ultraleggera 18x9 - weight is 8.8 kg = 19.4 lbs

HRE weighed my 890R's without tires before mounting the tires....

18x8 = 23 lbs
19x10 = 25 lbs

Attached please see the updated list (extensive list).

Updated as of December 2007.

I just weighed my 1991 OEM wheels on our Pitney Bowes commercial machine in our shipping department. We ship Honda parts all over Western Washington and it has to be accurate or we hear about it from FEDEX, UPS, and other freight companies.

These wheel weights do not include the hubcap, valve stem, or any balance weights. The OEM wheel size shown is in inches, weight is in pounds.

Front, 55 15X6-1/2JJ: 15.562
Rear, 60 16X8JJ: 18.899

I was mounting on new Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec tires. Here are those tire weights in pounds:

205/50R15: 20.156
225/50R16: 25.71

Last edited:
That chart doesn't match what I found out with my wheels, so it makes me wonder how accurate the rest of the weights are. I just weighed my 1991 OEM wheels on our Pitney Bowes commercial machine in our shipping department. We ship Honda parts all over Western Washington and it has to be accurate or we hear about it from FEDEX, UPS, and other freight companies.

These wheel weights do not include the hubcap, valve stem, or any balance weights. The OEM wheel size shown is in inches, weight is in pounds.

Front, 55 15X6-1/2JJ: 20.156
Rear, 60 16X8JJ: 25.71

I was mounting on new Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec tires. Here are those tire weights in pounds:

205/50R15: 15.562
225/50R16: 18.899

It looks like the rim and tire weights got swapped with numbers. Are you sure this is not what happened? :redface: If not, then that is quite interesting.

Can you get you hands on the 16/17 and 2002+ 17/17 combos too?

It looks like the rim and tire weights got swapped with numbers. Are you sure this is not what happened? :redface: If not, then that is quite interesting.

Can you get you hands on the 16/17 and 2002+ 17/17 combos too?

That's exactly what happened, good catch! I fixed it.
I don't have access to the larger wheels at this time. I just happened to be mounting new tires today on my stock rims.

Back