• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

upgrade interior lights

im tired of the dull, dim, yellow-ish interior lights for the dome, courtesey lights (doors), trunk, and glove compatent (im i leaving any other interior lights out)?

does anyone know where i can buy bright white bulbs to replace these? i dont necessarily want LEDs cuz i just want an easy plug and play solutoin where i can just swap out the bulbs. thanks in advance!

You can't go much brighter without doing led , i like the led panels , I got 4 of them in my dome light.

To get a brighter incandescent would require a higher wattage bulb but doing so will exceed the capacity and create more heat in the light assembly. LED's will give you a brighter and whiter look while reducing the heat and the power consumption considerably. A good LED will also last years longer than a incandescent bulb.

There are LED replacements available that are made to replace as the OEM bulbs and they are just as easy to install. The most important thing to look for is an LED replacement that uses a Driver (sometimes called a buck) instead of resistors to regulate the circuit. Also remember that more LED's on the replacement is not necessarily better:wink:.

You forgot the footwell and there are two different types depending on the year of your car.

angus and comtec, thanks for the info. can you gimme a link to where you purchased your LEDs from? also, are they true plug and play or is some modification required?

They are availabe at many online retailers including the link above and Ledight.com but i can't recomend one. The 3022 and 3021 should work for all the interior courtesy lights but the 3022 will be easier to find. One like the picture below using 2-5050 LED's and a buck driver work great and are direct replacements for the courtesy lights but may not be bright enough for the dome. 91-96 use the same 3021-3022 bulb for the footwell and the 97-05 use a wedge type.

I am pretty sure that i have a some left (like below) but i am currently 700 miles from home. If you are in no hurry, PM me.

Mike

3022-hp2.jpg

Last edited:
Back