• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Upgrading NA1(96) to NA2 (04) ABS

Hi there,

if I want them I have available donor parts to upgrade my ABS to the NA2 system..Has anyone ever done this? What parts from the car do I need?

From what I understand, the ABS brain in a 96 is behind the glove box but in the later car it's built into the ABS unit under the hood? I guess I'd end up removing mine

Can someone list the parts required please, especially wiring parts. I know the pipework with need to be modified by I just need to know all the parts required from the donor vehicle......I don't have direct access to it so need to instruct the owner of the parts to take off right first time.....

Thanks for your assistance....

Gary

Hi there,

if I want them I have available donor parts to upgrade my ABS to the NA2 system..Has anyone ever done this? What parts from the car do I need?

From what I understand, the ABS brain in a 96 is behind the glove box but in the later car it's built into the ABS unit under the hood? I guess I'd end up removing mine

Can someone list the parts required please, especially wiring parts. I know the pipework with need to be modified by I just need to know all the parts required from the donor vehicle......I don't have direct access to it so need to instruct the owner of the parts to take off right first time.....

Thanks for your assistance....

Gary

Check out Chris NSX's car.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87093&page=4

Bryan

I have a 96 also,and the upgrade was simple i called SOS and had parts shiped to dealer who then installed them.

I did the SOS kit in the fall. I consider myself to be mechanically and electrically inclined but a couple of times I wondered if I was in over my head. This is definitely not an easy project. Docjohn might have the best idea... how much did they charge?

If you decide on ordering the pieces instead of the kit, I'd leave the right brake line off. After the frustration of doing the left one, I said screw it to the right one and just bent the OEM line by hand to line up with the new port. BTW, the SOS kit has an error in the diagram showing where things go but if you follow their instructions, you should be ok

...Ian

I agree that it's not an 'easy' project. Please remind that you're working on the brakes. Start a search and you'll find a part list. There are several people having done this. As for the control unit you'll remove (at least disconnect) the older one. The newer pump has his heart already built in.

Last edited:
Guys, many thanks for your assistance......I tried using the search but couldn't find anything. If there are any other threads on the topic other than the one Bryan gave can you tell me what they are please.

Thanks

Back