• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Upper window molding

I read around and found that part number Part# 73151-SL0-023 and some say 73152-SL0-013 are needed. I called my local Acura dealer and he said that 73152 is a fastener and cost $90 whereas 73151 is the actual molding which is $49. Do I need both or just the actual modling to replace my shriveled up one?

you need both, trust me.

I got the rubber i needed thinking I could just push it in and be done. well it fit but was all bumpy and looked bad. so I figured I would get the second part and do it right, then I figured out the long process uggg

but there is so much involved I have the parts sitting in my shed.

you need to take off both sides of the door rubber, and the A pillar, 10 bolts each side, then pull the old retainer out, and scrape the old glue out, then lube it with dishsoap, then insert the retainer, etc. etc.

way to much crap to do to replace it. I left mine off. cant even tell its gone.

took it to the dealer they said they dont do it anymore they refered me to a windsheild glass place to do it.

i took it to that glass car windsheild guy and he thought it was a new corvette, I left and gave up.

save your money.

Last edited:
I was told by my local Acura dealer that the wind shield need to be lifted in order to replace the top molding. Sounds it will cost roughly $500 to get it done.

I just read the service bulletin fully, as last time I peeked at it on my phone briefly. You guys are right, sounds demanding. Perhaps I will go with plan B and just plug and dress up the gap...

Back