• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Urea grease for clutch hydraulics?

I am in the process of replacing my clutch master and slave cylinders, and I have seen it mentioned numerous places that I should use urea grease. Can someone please tell me which parts of the clutch hydraulic system need this grease applied to them? The only ones I can think of are the rounded end of the slave piston, and possibly the pin that secures the master cylinder push rod to the clutch pedal arm.

I believe that is it - if you were also replacing the clutch, they call for using it where the throwout bearing rides.:rolleyes:

I am in the process of replacing my clutch master and slave cylinders, and I have seen it mentioned numerous places that I should use urea grease. Can someone please tell me which parts of the clutch hydraulic system need this grease applied to them? The only ones I can think of are the rounded end of the slave piston, and possibly the pin that secures the master cylinder push rod to the clutch pedal arm.

The only ones I can think of are the rounded end of the slave piston

This is correct. Just put a small amount in the cup on the clutch fork that the rounded end seats into. This will keep things nice and quiet.

HTH,
LarryB

Back