• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

US Airways flight down in New York's Hudson River

Last edited:
Everyone survived! Amazing, those fightened people, bless them. I can't believe that thing floated for so long.

The bird is the word.

I've been watching this unfold on TV, insane! Not 1 casulty, Thank God.

poor ducks ... they were so happy it got warm while flying ... then .. KABOOM ... i hope they are in a better place .... RIP birds!

Oscar

poor ducks ... they were so happy it got warm while flying ... then .. KABOOM ... i hope they are in a better place .... RIP birds!

Oscar

Birds are just flying rats. Who needs them around and they always manage to crap on our cars right after we wash them.

It is amazing that no one died in that crash. The pilots obviously made a controlled crash landing on the water and saved everyone's life.

Props to the Pilot and crew! True skill, training and leadership :cool:

Glad everyone is OK, truly remarkable.

Re: Nothing like some gray hair in the cockpit

to raise everyone's confidence. That mandatory 60 YO retirement rule is so outdaed. :mad:

Good Job Sully!!!:smile: You are da man!

Missed the bridge by 900 feet!

Last edited:
Been following this since the OP created the thread (not sure if it's a good thing I get my current news and events from an automotive forum) and am still amazed that no one was seriously hurt. Amazing skill from the pilot and, I'm sure, quite a bit of help from the Man Above.

I've heard that boats were at the crash site in just under three minutes and that those ferry crews practice river rescue every couple weeks. Thank God for that.

Came down quite fast, just like the american economy.

Ouch!

I heard the pilot actually has quite a bit of experience with flying gliders. I'm sure that came in quite handy here.

Re: who's flying the economy?

Came down quite fast, just like the american economy.
yeah, but unlike the american economy, this crash was under control. :wink:

not sure if it's a good thing I get my current news and events from an automotive forum
Yeah Shawn, what are we doing here? :redface: We need to get back to the Motorsports forum and head off the potential F-1 crash landing. :eek:

spaceball.gif
spaceball.gif
spaceball.gif
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mapgoblin/3200826025/

Re: From the "It had to happen" file

Many US Airways (LCC) passengers who endured a crash landing in the Hudson River 12 days ago say they appreciate the $5,000 that the airline has offered — but some say it’s not enough.

Joe Hart, a salesman from Charlotte who suffered a bloody nose and bruises, says he “would like to be made whole for the incident.”

It’s too soon after the accident to determine what emotional distress he has suffered, he says.

…Hart says he has talked to a lawyer in North Carolina but hasn’t decided whether to take any legal action............

Kreindler & Kreindler, a New York law firm that has represented plaintiffs in crashes, says it has been contacted by several passengers on the US Airways flight.

The firm’s lawyers are determining what injuries and emotional distress passengers may have suffered, and what parties might be liable under New York state law.................

the rest here:
http://www.rachellucas.com/index.php/2009/01/27/what-parties-might-be-liable-the-geese-you-idiot/
Give me a break !!!!:rolleyes:

Re: From the "It had to happen" file

Joe Hart, a salesman from Charlotte who suffered a bloody nose and bruises, says he “would like to be made whole for the incident.”
Just like the warnings on coffee cups that the contents are hot,
I guess we need signs above airport gates that say "you do realize
that air travel is potentially dangerous, yes?"

Back