• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Utah Group drive on 09/24 @ 12:30

I should have posted this sooner however I have been ill for the past week:(

Group drive destination: Alpine Loop Scenic Byway
Meeting location: Starbucks / 7184 S Union Park Ave, Midvale (801) 563-0878

Please feel free to bring you significant other as this will be the most colorful drive of the year! Last month group drive, five NSX and one extravagant S2000 attended.

This group drive has also been posted on s2ki.com
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=29

If you have any questions, please post!

Alpine Loop Scenic Byway
American Fork Canyon (Hwy. 92) through Uinta National Forest to Provo Canyon (Hwy. 189)
Alpine Loop This 20-mile drive winds through rugged alpine canyons of the Wasatch Range offering stupendous views of Mount Timpanogos and other glacier-carved peaks. The route follows Utah Hwy. 92 up American Fork Canyon and then continues through Uinta National Forest into Provo Canyon on U.S. 189. Timpanogos Cave National Monument and Robert Redford's Sundance are located along the route. Along the route, take a short detour to Cascade Springs. This mountain spring is criss-crossed by a 1/4-mile boardwalk, leading out over clear natural pools and cascading terraces filled with fish and aquatic plants.

Entirely paved, the Alpine Loop is open from approximately late May to late October. Snow closes part of the road the rest of the year. Not recommended for vehicles more than 30 feet long.

For additional information on all Utah Valley events and attractions, contact the Utah Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau, (801) 851-2100.

Last edited:
count me in also, I hopefully have a couple others coming !!

WHOOO HOOO! I have a house and the first thing going in it is my NSX! so I will be at the drive and it will be great to see you all again. :biggrin:

I figured I'd post my pics here again. That was a great drive. It was nice to see all these nice cars together.

Link to my gallery with all the pics

DSCN4388sm.jpg

DSCN4400sm.jpg

DSCN4402sm.jpg

DSCN4406sm.jpg

DSCN4411sm.jpg

DSCN4418sm.jpg

DSCN4427sm.jpg

DSCN4424sm.jpg

DSCN4420sm.jpg

FYI. This is what the Alpine Loop will look like in another few weeks.

DSCN1492sm.jpg

Awesome day. Even though I kept the top on and stayed in the car most of the day, I still came home with a sunburn. Heading down Parley's was a blast (Mike and I got a little nuts :biggrin: ). Thanks again for the pictures Mike. We missed you Ethan. I sure hope we can do this again before winter hits. Next time we will have to head north.

XperiMental said:
Awesome day. Even though I kept the top on and stayed in the car most of the day, I still came home with a sunburn. Heading down Parley's was a blast (Mike and I got a little nuts :biggrin: ). Thanks again for the pictures Mike. We missed you Ethan. I sure hope we can do this again before winter hits. Next time we will have to head north.

That was fun :D Next time we'll have to hit trappers loop up by snow basin.

Euclid said:
That was fun :D Next time we'll have to hit trappers loop up by snow basin.
I have an idea, you give your wife your GT and we will find you a NSX to purchase. It would be just like the S2000 days...

Once again Euclid, you amaze me with your photos.

I would like to thank everybody that came out to the group drive!!! Hopefully we can have one more group drive before the snow hits:frown:

Wraythe said:
I have an idea, you give your wife your GT and we will find you a NSX to purchase. It would be just like the S2000 days...

There's only one tiny problem with your idea. Unless I somehow can miracle up a large sum of money, or I get a whopping raise. It ain't gonna happen :tongue:

Hey all, I had a blast and it was nice meeting all of you. It would be great to get another ride in before the weather turns. :biggrin:

Back