• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

V1 Install - Where to get power?

Hey guys,

I'm installing my V1 right on top of the Rear view mirror... power cable is going down the driver side A pillar. I know I can get power from the cigarette lighter but I'd rather not have to take apart the center console.

I know there is a fuse box next to my left leg and thats where the power cable is right now.

Does anyone know where I can get accessory controlled power without having to open the center console?

Thanks

Last edited:
On the top of the fuse panel down near your left leg (when sitting in the drivers seat). You can see four recessed posts that run across the top of the fuse block. The one that is furthest forward is a switched 12 volt source. All you need is a female crimp connector and it will slide right on.

On the top of the fuse panel down near your left leg (when sitting in the drivers seat). You can see four recessed posts that run across the top of the fuse block. The one that is furthest forward is a switched 12 volt source. All you need is a female crimp connector and it will slide right on.

What he said:smile:

Thank god I asked... opening the console would have been a completely unnecessary pain in the ass.

Got it all hooked up in less than 30 minutes.

Thanks guys!

I know you asked about the power source and that's been answered and this is a little off topic, but....

Since you're OK with mounting above the mirror, here's a suggestion. I've used this in my 93 NSX and now in the Zanardi. It's very stealth and looks very OEM. I removed the center sun visor and very carefully cut out the opening for a perfect fit for the V1. Then run the wire as you plan out of sight over to the pillar and to the power source.

Besides police, we've got several of those radar "speed limit" signs so it's quite easy to test the V1 and it's mounting position. I can guarantee excellent front/rear reception.

Attachments

• V1NSX.jpg
    V1NSX.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 146
What about for us Targa owners? :) Thinking of mounting my V1 but not sure where...

What about for us Targa owners? :) Thinking of mounting my V1 but not sure where...

I mounted mine to the pass side visor then had it re-wrapped with similar black material with front and rear exposed. it is perfect and semi hidden. I have the remote mount in my center console. I'll try and find some pics but i love it!
Matt

I mounted mine to the pass side visor then had it re-wrapped with similar black material with front and rear exposed. it is perfect and semi hidden. I have the remote mount in my center console. I'll try and find some pics but i love it!
Matt

Matt, if you could post photos that would be appreciated, as I am looking for ideas on Targa mounting also. One question? Can you remove it to use in your other vehicles or is it mounted permanently there?
TIA.

I have a "targa" and ran the power cord from the fuse box behind the carpet and up the a pillar to the passenger visor.The power cord can be velcroed in place and the v1 I just clip to the visor as needed.Not permanent nor amazing just functional.

Back