• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Valets video tape joy riding an NSX? Is this your car?

Is there a way to save this video? And then using the plates....show the owner???

I would never valet my car, but if someone drove my car around like that playing around, I would be severly pissed! :mad:

Just another way to validate your thinking of Valet parkers. Yes they really did not do anything outrageous, but I would be kinda pissed too if they were revving my car like that. Wait til the owner sees this I wonder what he or she will say.

NSX FoYoAss said:
Is there a way to save this video? And then using the plates....show the owner???

I would never valet my car, but if someone drove my car around like that playing around, I would be severly pissed! :mad:

Well, the video will always be on YouTube..

But here is a snap shot of the plate

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,586
And they put it on the internet for all to see... :rolleyes: Kinda shows you the mentality of these people. Great job getting the license plate #, I hope the owner gets a hold of this one.

Haha their reaction to the steering was funny. I valet my car sometimes, but I give them $20 bucks and tell them to pull it up right in front of the establishment, and I take note of the mileage and I stand there until they are done.

I used to work Valet and I drove some nice cars... C5.. Mercedez, Porsches, F cars, but never an NSX... I wouldn't Valet at a place unless I'm a regular there and completely trust the place, plus money talks.

Scin said:
Does anyone know who's car this is? They didn't really do anything that bad... but still.

Makes me wonder what the local Acura mechanics did with the 8 miles they put on mine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZQ7Cx_LmLg

i bet u those kids are not getting anything from SANTA this x-mas :mad:

I bet its BS.
Probably his car or Dads, they did nothing.
They purposely zoom in on the plate for no reason, probably trying to fire us up ! :biggrin:

-j-

Did they say it was supercharged? Or were they just mistaken... or was I mistaken?

How many silver/black Illinois supercharged NSX's could there be

man...
I hope the owner finds this video out and bust these guy's asses

I have that same screen/dvd. For a quick second I thought that was mine. I was like WTF!! :mad:

Whew... I will never valet in Illinois. :tongue:

jimmycinla said:
I bet its BS.
Probably his car or Dads, they did nothing.
They purposely zoom in on the plate for no reason, probably trying to fire us up ! :biggrin:

-j-

I agree, who's gone be that dumb.

That's not too bad, actually. I think there's some over-reaction here.

The owner, if he did valet it, obviously didn't care enough about the NSX to park it himself. And the valet didn't drive the NSX carelessly.

Me personally, I'd never valet my car. Heck, when I take my car to the hand wash for a detail or wash, I drive it - no one else gets to drive my baby.

rickysals said:
Did they say it was supercharged? Or were they just mistaken... or was I mistaken?

How many silver/black Illinois supercharged NSX's could there be

...yeah I heard them say that in the video as well, they said something like,
"Oh my God, this things mad fast, like maybe its supercharged or something?!"

NSX FoYoAss said:

you mean to tell me if someone drove your car at slow speed in a parking garage in a a responsible manner you would be severely pissed? wow.

peiserg said:
you mean to tell me if someone drove your car at slow speed in a parking garage in a a responsible manner you would be severely pissed? wow.

While they drove it slowly they were driving in a manner their job didn't require, they switched drivers half way, they recorded video inside someone's car without permission, dumped the clutch and stalled the car, and revved the piss out of it twice, for the sake of their video camera. I would be interested in knowing why they're allowed to have a video camera while working - doesn't this raise a red flag for the manager, if they're parking high end cars with a video camera rolling?

It doesn't look like they caused any damage, this time, but the comment of "this steering is heavy" with 1 hand on the wheel, whipping around a corner, could have easily resulted in a heavily damaged nsx - their job is to park the car, not to 'experience' the car, I would be pissed as well, if I found my car in such a video clip.

I agree, the reving was DEFINETLY unnecesary...if i was driving someone elses car that they obviously cared about i would drive it slowely and keep it below 4000 rpms unless asked by the owner to do otherwise, the reving and slaming of the doors really got me, they closed them harder then needed imo, I know there is a thread on Supraforums that tells how to get streaming video off of any site, Supra forums is down for the daily maintanence right now, but ill post the info as soon as its back up. Videos on youtube are not always on your tube they can be taken down by the owner of the video at anytime. that was rediculous tho, I will never valet my supra...:mad:

Most Valet attendents I know take pride of their jobs........at least at the hotels I'd worked. However, it is the occasional few that give them the bad image. Believe me when I say I'd seen much worse.

Take this from a guy who work around hotels and Valets for the past 21yrs. If you love your NSX or whatever pride and joy you own, give the Valet $10 and demand to park your own. Oh...... Don't forget to take the keys with you........

Best Regards
Paul

Back