• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vancouver area - Iphone/Ipod/Mp3 player modification help needed

I'm wanting to install an adaptor to use an Ipod/Iphone/Mp3 player in place of my in-trunk CD player.
I've read a number of threads on prime but remain confused between the USA-spec, Grom and other units.
If you are in the Vancouver/Vancouver Island area I could use some advice and if possible take a look at an installation.
Thanks
Jim

I'm wanting to install an adaptor to use an Ipod/Iphone/Mp3 player in place of my in-trunk CD player.
I've read a number of threads on prime but remain confused between the USA-spec, Grom and other units.
If you are in the Vancouver/Vancouver Island area I could use some advice and if possible take a look at an installation.
Thanks
Jim

Jim

I did a bit of research on Prime about this and concluded that the USA-Spec unit is the way to go. There is a great thread in on Prime on the unit best for the NSX.

I bought mine from SoS, complete with NSX specific instructions. Now that the weather has warmed up, I am going to install it soon.

Regards
Michael

ok not from vancouver....but still in canada!
i just installed the usa spec hon adapter on Monday and so far im pretty happy. Hooked it up behind the drivers seat and ran the cable into the console box between the seats so that is all hidden.
Sound is a good as the cd changer was and im just running the stock set-up for now. I plan on eventually doing up-dated speakers, amp and a medium size sub in a few months.
thanks to prime for all the posts on this as it helped my make my choice and with the install.
eddy

Eddy

Can you explain how you access the tunes you want to play from the OEM head unit?

Jim

ok not from vancouver....but still in canada!
i just installed the usa spec hon adapter on Monday and so far im pretty happy. Hooked it up behind the drivers seat and ran the cable into the console box between the seats so that is all hidden.
Sound is a good as the cd changer was and im just running the stock set-up for now. I plan on eventually doing up-dated speakers, amp and a medium size sub in a few months.
thanks to prime for all the posts on this as it helped my make my choice and with the install.
eddy

I have the SOS unit similar to Eddy .. and I use the latest iPod Nano which resides in the ashtray. To select a specific song, playlist, artist .. you do it from the iPod. Once something is playing, you can use OEM head unit volume controls and next/prev buttons. Repeat has never worked for me. BTW, I have mine on shuffle most of the time.

Eddy

Can you explain how you access the tunes you want to play from the OEM head unit?

Jim

I installed my USASpec last weekend, I connected it behind driver seat CD changer connection (disconnect CD changer and connect USAspec) You change IPOD song the same way you do when using your CD changer using OEM radio.

Very easy.

I'd like to install the USA-Spec unit behind the drivers seat but I can't find instructions on how to get access to the CD changer connection there. Any advice? -- thanks

I installed a Grom unit but it's the same drill I believe.
Have you taken the cover panels off behind the driver's seat or are you wanting to learn how to take those panels off?
If you want to get access to the area go to page 20-37 in the free shop manual in the Wiki
It will show you how to remove everything to allow for the USA Spec or Grom install

I just order the Grom Bluetooth unit with the iPod cable. trying to use it with my android phone by Bluetooth n plug in my iPod for music. will update once my package arrive.

Back