• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vegas bound

Finally heading out to Vegas for the first time during 4th of July weekend.

For those of you who have been, any suggestions?
Sights I should see? What I should or should not do? :confused:

Thanks guys

Vegas is a question of costs vs desires, both are available. Are you staying at Paris or Motel 6? Olympic Gardens or the cheap places? The range is there you just need to fit in and find where your comfortable.

Ooh...I'm gonna be there, too! There's lots to do there if you've never been before. You can gamble, shop or party. Good places to check out are Caesar's Palace, Bellagio water show, the roller coaster at New York, New York... Btw, it's really hard to catch a cab at night, so plan on doing a lot of walking. :)

Nobody has mentioned Factor X yet? ;)

Don't know what you are looking for, but I have two words for you...Hard Rock. Go there and you will see. (nightlife of course)

ceaser's shopping is the best. im not much the nightlife/clubber/gambler... so for me i always have fun at the gameworks/coke place... i love that 3 story tall rock climbing wall... :) :p

I was there a couple of weeks ago for the first time, and it is a BLAST! We got the penthouse @ the Bellagio and then a suite at the Venetian! Both were awesome places to stay, but I prefer the Bellagio. Since we were in Vegas, we had to check out some strip clubs...Spearmint Rhino is the best with Crazy Horse getting 2nd place in my book :D Hmm...what else...the clubs are cool but way too many guys. The view from Ghost Bar is nice, but again too many guys. Maybe you could also check out some of the shows. From what I hear, the O Show is the best but we couldn't get tickets for it (must be pretty good). We checked out Zumanity instead and I wasn't impressed at all. It was fun but not really worth it. Try to get tickets to the O Show. New York New York has a pretty good Italian restaurant; maybe you could check that out. They have a cool roller coaster too but don't go in it AFTER eating dinner like we did (that was dumb :D )

That's about it for now...gotta run. I'm sure you'll have a blast! :cool:

-Awais

Ahhhhh Vegas! My home away from home! If you like afterhours clubs check out Drai's at the Barbary Coast... Doors open at 2am (yes i said "am").

'Light' in the Bellagio will surely provide some good scenery. Show up early, dress well, and bring females with you if possible to help yourself gain entrance. The entrance is red roped, so you will have to be picked from the crowd.

Sig said:
'Light' in the Bellagio will surely provide some good scenery. Show up early, dress well, and bring females with you if possible to help yourself gain entrance. The entrance is red roped, so you will have to be picked from the crowd.

But if you want a table, be prepared to spend a lot of money to sit. When we went, it was mandatory to puchase a bottle of their liquor to get a table and then they would serve you all the stuff that went with it. The bottle of liquer was $300 and on a Friday or Saturday, it was a two bottle minimum. $600 to get a table is pricey.

jlindy said:
But if you want a table, be prepared to spend a lot of money to sit. When we went, it was mandatory to puchase a bottle of their liquor to get a table and then they would serve you all the stuff that went with it. The bottle of liquer was $300 and on a Friday or Saturday, it was a two bottle minimum. $600 to get a table is pricey.

If you keep your table to 4 or less, there is only a one bottle minimum. Last time there I reserved a table for 3 and then had other friends just meet me inside. That said, the table reservation system at Light is dicey at best. They triple book the capacity of their tables. Half of the time they don't have a table for you when you arrive even if you called days in advance. Usually they just let you in instead, which isn't a bad deal because you get around having to wait in the sea of people at the rope and you no longer required to buy bottles of liquor.

I like the place because once inside, the male:female ratio is quite good as compared to many other places as a result of the screening at the entrance.

Do you have a car?

If so, Hoover Dam is worth seeing. Rent a boat on Havasu (sp?) If you haven't found a place to stay yet, I HIGHLY reommend the Green Valley Ranch if you are not adverse to staying off the strip.

Have a blast.

O-Ace said:
I was there a couple of weeks ago for the first time, and it is a BLAST! We got the penthouse @ the Bellagio and then a suite at the Venetian!

Hmm.. I think I am paying too much for my racingflix subscription if you are getting multiple thousand dollar rooms for a night.

NetViper said:
Hmm.. I think I am paying too much for my racingflix subscription if you are getting multiple thousand dollar rooms for a night.
Hmm...last I checked I did pretty well in my IT and real estate business and could get any room I wanted...oh and just an FYI, the site is still costing me cash but thanks for supporting it.

-Awais

P.S. Should I stay at the Motel 6 next time? I was kinda leaning towards Hard Rock :D

Just wanted to thank everyone for the feedback.
Unfortunately trip was cancelled due to a problem with family but things seem fine now.

beeker16 said:
Just wanted to thank everyone for the feedback.
Unfortunately trip was cancelled due to a problem with family but things seem fine now.

Sorry to hear that. I went this past weekend.... last minute thing and had a blast! Won $500 in the first 15 minutes on Wheel of Fortune.

Back