• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vendor experiences forum - how to handle new reviewers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vendor experiences forum has been very good so far.

However, I did notice that recently, a brand new NSX Prime member joined, and created exactly one post, about a new NSX vendor.

Now I might be too skeptical, but it seems way too good to be true that someone would go through all the trouble to join (with the email approval process taking a while), to just post one raving post.

I wonder if there are ways to ensure that vendors are not creating artificial users and then posting favorable reviews about their business.

Any ideas?

You are referring to Alan House. Allen House is a customer of AAP. He owns a Red 1992 NSX. I recently serviced his NSX. I know he is who you are referring to since he registered Dec 1 and has 1 post.

We replaced/repaired his clutch, water pump, timing belt, tensionor bearing, gaskets, fixed a snap ring failure and repaired several other items on his car.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97690

If you would like, I would be happy to post his final bill for you to see. Or if that is not enough, how about I give you his phone number so you can call him, go see the car and verify it.

What's your trip Frank ? Why do you insist on starting crap ? Are you really that petty ?

Does it bother you that much that someone else can do quality work at reasonable rates other than your beloved SOS in Arizona ?

Get over it dude. Grow up and stop acting like a 13 year old groupie for SOS.

>>I wonder if there are ways to ensure that vendors are not creating artificial users and then posting favorable reviews about their business<<

I would think if it had been us that posted this, we would have gotten our phone # right

I've had enough of your accusations, jabs, insinuations and general BS.
First you start your BS in the Tech Session Posting, (link to post below) then when that gets you nowhere, you run to this section and start some more BS about AAP and it's business ethic's.
As if that wasn't enough, now you stoop to a new low by challenging favorable posts by AAP's customers. Not only have you insulted my personal integrity, now you insult the integrity of my customers too....
Enough is enough.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96620

DO NOT come to my shop for any reason, you are not welcome there.
I don't need your friendship, business or anything else you bring to the table that bad to put up with anymore of you're BS.

Last edited:
Wow. Here's another post. Now there are two! The email approval was actually quite quick. And simple (for me). I assure you, the post is not artificial. I own several sports cars besides the NSX, including a '74 Pantera GTS, a '79 Ferrari 308 GTS, a '64 Corvette Roadster, and an '05 Corvette. I have done the majority of work on these cars, from oil changes to complete frame off restorations and engine/ transmission overhauls myself. I also built and maintain an RV-4 airplane, and do all of my own maintenance on an R44 helicopter. I worked as a car mechanic at Jim Winter's Chevron in Scottsdale thru high school, as a flight test mechanic at Learjet and McDonnell Douglas, and as a Flight Test Engineer on the Apache helicopter.

I have learned a little bit about how things work, and what makes a good mechanic, and a decent shop. AAP is one of those.

I'm happy that I've found someone I can trust, that are good guys to be around, and that aren't pretentious. And they know Panteras.

I also know how how difficult it can be start a new business and that positive referrals are helpful.

With that said, if any of you folks are ever around Falcon Field in Mesa, give me a shout. The cars are out here, along with a bunch of other great cars and great people. And I've got 25 cent beer coupons for the Monastery.

Sincerely,

Alan House
PLAN, llc
Development, llc
Back Beach Gear, llc
The Monastery, llc
office (480) 807-1539
cell (480) 980-0787

Damm Alan,

How about you be me and I'll be you as has been suggested. This way I can have all your toys to play with since I'm now you and you are now me.

Then you can deal with this while I'm out playing with my new toys.

That's of course if I'm not really me and you're not really you because I'm really you and you're really me.

QUOTE=Alan House;912521] I own several sports cars besides the NSX, including a '74 Pantera GTS, a '79 Ferrari 308 GTS, a '64 Corvette Roadster, and an '05 Corvette. I also built and maintain an RV-4 airplane, and do all of my own maintenance on an R44 helicopter.
Alan House
PLAN, llc
Development, llc
Back Beach Gear, llc
The Monastery, llc
office (480) 807-1539
cell (480) 980-0787[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Guys, come on. Choices have increased for where local NSX owners can take their cars for service. It's simple as that and a normal course of life. Go to the company whom you feel most comfortable with. Let's keep the bickering off this fine site.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Normally I might agree with you Chris, but not in this situation.

NsXMas started the BS in the Tech Session posting, got nowhere there and then comes to this section to continue his BS.

When anyone attacks my integrity or the integrity of my customers without ever meeting or knowing me or them, I have a problem with that and so do my customers. I would not let this slide by anymore than you would. If you want to call standing up for your integrity bickering, so be it.

I call it standing up for the truth. It's what you do, it's what I do, it's what real men do. They don't start the BS and then hide in a corner.

[QUOTE=Chris@SoS;913038: Let's keep the bickering off this fine site.

Last edited:
Does it bother you that much that someone else can do quality work at reasonable rates other than your beloved SOS in Arizona ?

Get over it dude. Grow up and stop acting like a 13 year old groupie for SOS.

IMO you were wrong to bring up the SOS business name on this. Your conflict and issue was with NSXMAS and SOS name should never have been brought up.
You brought it up and you wouldn't like it if someone dragged your business name into a post in such a manner.
That had nothing to do with standing up for the truth or being a "real man".

Your problem is with NSXMAS.
Leave the SOS name out of it.

It's like you say...
please do not group me into anyone else's persona, it's not appreciated and it's uncalled for.

I think you owe SOS an apology.

You're absolutely right and for that I apologize to SOS for bringing SOS into this. It has nothing to do with SOS.
It has everything to do with NSXMAS and no one else.
I just know since we both live in Arizona that his attempt was to cast a shadow on my ethic's, integrity and my business within the Arizona local community.
It didn't take a rocket scientest to figure that out and what his underlying motives were.
But regardless, you are right, just because NSXMAS does what he does, doesn't mean I should be stooping to the same level. My bad.
I appreciate your thoughts on this and reminding me to keep my head on straight.

IMO you were wrong to bring up the SOS business name on this. Your conflict and issue was with NSXMAS and SOS name should never have been brought up.
You brought it up and you wouldn't like it if someone dragged your business name into a post in such a manner.
That had nothing to do with standing up for the truth or being a "real man".

Your problem is with NSXMAS.
Leave the SOS name out of it.

It's like you say...

I think you owe SOS an apology.

Last edited:
I have been reading this thread and its related threads and feel I need to make a comment about Jim [Coz]. These are my experiences and impressions developed during my dealings with Jim.

I first contacted Jim approximately 1 year ago about some parts he had for sale on Prime via email. One email led to another as we swapped NSX stories and build ideas for future engine development for our cars. Soon phone numbers were exchanged and the conversation became longer and more detailed.

During these conversations I felt that I came to understand Jim and that he was a "TRUE NSX Community Member". I have loaned Jim a block and a set of heads and I have never meet him in person; given I live in the Chicago area and he is in Arizona. This is the type of TRUST Jim conveys/instills. I am more comfortable with him having my parts than if they were stored in my own garage. He KNOWS what a "bond of trust" IS and has operated accordingly, keeping me informed of his progress. He has sent me parts that he thought I might be able to use at no cost and refused to take any payment. He defines the term NSX Enthusiast for me and my only regret is we don't live closer so the friendship that has developed could be further realized.

The question raised in this thread is about trust; do I trust Jim? Without hesitation and I have put an engine where my mouth is. Would I recommend Jim and his business to my closest NSX friends? without hesitation. I feel if we all operated a bit more like Jim the entire "Community" would just be better for it. Thanks for setting a standard I can aspire to Jim.

Best of Luck with business and the new engine build.

I wonder if there are ways to ensure that vendors are not creating artificial users and then posting favorable reviews about their business.

To answer your question, it's like airport security. There are some systems in place and I look for patterns / behavior, but it is not foolproof. However I do not think any vendor engaging in such dishonest tricks would go undetected very long. The NSX community is far too small.

I don't think any of the rest of this thread needed to take place. I am closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back