• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vendors who have billet round shift knobs? 440 grams...

Shopping for a ball-type weight shift knob. I want a satin black color if possible, no etching.

Most critical is it must be heavy (440grams) and also self thread about 1" lower than the stock ones. I've heard of GruppeM, Voodoo, Blox, and a few other brands tossed around but can't find anything on Ebay, etc.

help me out
rick

Are you looking for something like this?

nsxint7.jpg

nsxint8.jpg

sk1.jpg

sk2.jpg

I bought it at twmshiftknobs.com with the 6 speed engraving, you can order the same knob without engraving.

http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/shiftknobs/a6-leopard-shiftknobs.html

Features:
- NTIS adjustable height
- Precision CNC machined finish
- Currently available in stainless steel, satin finish, gun metal, and flat black!

Dimensions:
- 2" (51mm) in diameter
- 2 3/8" (60mm) in height
Weight:
- approx. 485 grams (1.07 pounds)

Mike

Are you looking for something like this?

nsxint7.jpg

nsxint8.jpg

sk1.jpg

sk2.jpg

I bought it at twmshiftknobs.com with the 6 speed engraving, you can order the same knob without engraving.

http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/shiftknobs/a6-leopard-shiftknobs.html

Features:
- NTIS adjustable height
- Precision CNC machined finish
- Currently available in stainless steel, satin finish, gun metal, and flat black!

Dimensions:
- 2" (51mm) in diameter
- 2 3/8" (60mm) in height
Weight:
- approx. 485 grams (1.07 pounds)

Mike

Your console sickens me - remove it immediately and give it to me...

thanks Mike, that's exactly what I was looking for....:biggrin:

That's a true baller shift knob, not sure if I quality for that yet!

synth19: Wow that is a heavy weight, does that screw right onto the NSX stalk? where u get it from?

thanks Mike, that's exactly what I was looking for....:biggrin:

That's a true baller shift knob, not sure if I quality for that yet!

synth19: Wow that is a heavy weight, does that screw right onto the NSX stalk? where u get it from?

I loved this knob so much, I picked up three when I was in Japan! haha.. Had it on my previous car (350z). I don't think it will fit the NSX. Thread Pitch Size: M10 x 1.25 and M12 x 1.25

I believe the NSX is m10 x 1.50?

I loved this knob so much, I picked up three when I was in Japan! haha.. Had it on my previous car (350z). I don't think it will fit the NSX. Thread Pitch Size: M10 x 1.25 and M12 x 1.25

You're right the nSX is M10x1.50! why you gotta tease me then! grrr :frown:

thanks mike, just ordered one :)

It would be easy to re-tap that to 10x1.5

I've cycled through 3 shift knobs now. My favorite is the ball-type ebay el cheapo screw-on I bought because it is a heavy heavy piece. It dampens the shift throws and vibration quite well. If I beamed someone in the head with that thing i'm positive i'd do some serious damage. It isn't matte black but instead looks like a big polished ball bearing.

I'd say.. when all else fails, try ebay.

EDIT: OOPS! just saw your comment about not finding on ebay. sorry...

Last edited:
Back