• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vibration after wheel spacers intalled

Hello! I need your help trouble shooting the front end vibration I'm having after I put in the H&R 15mm spacers.

The first thing I did after installing the coilovers(KWv3) and wheels(17x7.5 +35/18x9.5 +38) was get an alignment. It rode so smooth wtih no vibration at this point. I wanted to sit a little more flush so I decided to go with 25mm(Ichiba?) in the rear and 15mm(H&R) in front. I stalled the rear on my own because it was easy. I drove it with just the rears in for a little bit and that rode just fine, no vibration.

I droped off the car at my friends shop(he's certified Honda mechanic) to have the extended studs put in. So we have the new studs, wheel spacer, hub ring, then the wheel. I took it out for a test ride and it's starts vibrating about 40mph. We ended up taking the spaces out and now it's driving normal again.

Any suggestions would greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Here's what we did so far to trouble shoot this:
1. Took the spacers out and cleaned the area
2. Re-seat the spacers again
3. Re-balance the wheels
4. Check for baering failure-none
5. Measure thickness of spacers, consistant 15mm
6. Made sure the wheels are the same size(you never know)

This is why I like bolt on type spacers. Never had one problem yet.

So what cause the problem?

I hope I can explain this right. The piece that sticks out that resembles the hub from the spacer(10mm) that the hub ring goes around, where the wheel would mount to with the rings. On the wheel, it's not deep enough. It's maybe 1/2 of a mm too short.

I called H&R and asked them If I shaved it down by a mm would it still be safe. He didn't say "do it" but implied it would be fine. I had a machine shop do it and it looks like oem. I installed it this morning and it rides perfectly now.

I hoped I explained it ok.

Back