• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Video: Fuel Injector Removal & Reinstallation After Cleaning, 1991-2005

I wasn't sure if anyone other than @Chris_Lum was allowed to upload videos to this sub-forum. :) His videos are an inspiration to me.

My 1st video. Suggestions, and especially corrections, welcome.

This is a follow-up from:

Last edited:
Great Job!
I just removed my injectors for cleaning. The only thing I did slightly different was that I removed the fuel feed line at the fuel filter, and not on the fuel manifold. I am changing the fuel filter at the same time and it comes with the crush washers on that end of the feed line. This did add the extra step of removing the two cover plates on the right side of the forward valve cover.

Great Job!
I just removed my injectors for cleaning. The only thing I did slightly different was that I removed the fuel feed line at the fuel filter, and not on the fuel manifold. I am changing the fuel filter at the same time and it comes with the crush washers on that end of the feed line. This did add the extra step of removing the two cover plates on the right side of the forward valve cover.
A couple of other Primers like @acuhon have also recommended this, that you clean the injectors when you change the fuel filter, and I agree.

I actually did the fuel filter at the same time as well, but I edited the fuel filter change out because @Chris_Lum had already done such an excellent video on the fuel filter change, and my video was getting too long. (You can tell because the line from the fuel filter to the manifold is just lying limp in my video, since it's disconnected from the fuel filter and the support related to those 2 cover plates.) As a result, I had to "add" the manifold/rail disconnection from the SM, which you can see me doing by hand 💪. After a week with no corrections, I just re-edited the video to remove about 60 seconds of pauses & "um's" and I'll call that done.

Back