• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vielside lambo door mechanism

sorry about the poor quality, the picture was small. Someone asked for new door kits, vielside has released this. From the latest issue of d'car magazine. It is a fully automatic door system. Dont know the price but if the the manual sorcery kit is 498,000 yen then this one will be out of the stratosphere!

wMzYyNTIyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Pretty much a useless addition to a car, its only purpose being looks, the lambo hinge adds quite a bit of weight, the automatic version would add weight like there is no tommorow, fantastic if your building a showcar, and will look great for you ajnsx especially with all the other parts you have added to the car.

From knowledge of lambo style door kits for the 300zx, they add 17 Kgs (ahh 37 pounds, unknown for the NSX kit) while an automatic sissor door for a Mustang added about 45 Kg's (99 pounds, again unknown for an NSX kit) to give rough guides, and the door opens pretty damn slowly, again another show thing

I am waiting on the weight of the Veilside fortune kit, according to the veilside rep here, it will dramatically reduce the weight of the NSX, if it truly does It will be a definate for me, the wild look of the Kit far exceeds the look of a door mod on a standard kit, and functional too.

Pretty much a useless addition to a car, its only purpose being looks, the lambo hinge adds quite a bit of weight, the automatic version would add weight like there is no tommorow, fantastic if your building a showcar, and will look great for you ajnsx especially with all the other parts you have added to the car.

Just to clarify I don't think i'm putting any type of different doors, i've played with the idea but as nsxtasy has mentioned (a lot!) fitment issues, weight and quality would be a little suspect for me. The main reason though is my car needs to retain the ability to go back to stock if needed (as in bodyparts) and lambo doors would require some custom work i don't want to do, same reason why i wont delete the door locks. Eventually, i'm bringing the car back to oz, so i have to keep in mind rta inspections :)

I just post pics of new stuff for people that are interested and some one asked for info on lambo kits. Just doing my bit for the board :)

As for the vielside kit check out fitment issues when the boot is opened it looks quite tacky (but i dislike the whole kit) each to their own!

Please any more info on this!

What else would you like to know?:)

Back