• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Viper 210V is no more :(

Hey guys I have a question and was hoping maybe a stereo installer or shop owner could help me out.

I sold my NSX a while back but I have a CRX that I have owned since 1991. The car means the world to me and it's completely rebuilt / modified. Unfortunately these cars get stolen way too often so two years ago I bought a Viper 210V. This GPS unit is awesome!! Track the car, get emails when it moves, etc. Well, the issue is about 1.5 years ago I toasted my engine and had to take the car off the road. It took me quite a while to get her repaired and during that time my account with Viper expired. Well, now that the car is back on the road I wanted to get my GPS squared away. I tried calling them just to find out the system is no longer even sold. If I kept my account alive I would have had legacy support but now that it expired I'm out of luck!!

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or does anyone have another recommendation for GPS tracking (please don't say Lojack). It just really stinks because this unit was great and it's hardwired to many things in my car. I spent a good amount of money and only used it for half a year.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

nothing huh :(

Anyone even know a competitor product??

It would not have made a difference if you kept the account active or not. I sold a customer that unit a couple of years ago who paid his fees and kept his account active. The customer brought in his Ford King Ranch to complain of the tracking device not working properly. After trouble-shooting to no avail, we called DEI and was informed that THEY broke ties with the company that they were using for the GPS tracking. So the customer was "stuck" with an expensive product that couldn't be used, and we were stuck with an angry customer that we couldn't help. It sure would have been nice had they informed the customers of the big mess that they created. It reminds me of the other great idea that they had of replacing the customer's new stereo IF they purchased a Viper alarm and radio together and their car was broken into and radio stolen. Less than a year later when my customer came back with the police report and original invoice in hand, gave DEI a call and was told, "We no longer offer that program". Although the customer was still in his time limit by their own contract.

Nice.....so do you recommend another product if clients are looking for a GPS tracking solution?

Thanks for the info guys!! I will be calling HaasGPS tomorrow. Hopefully they will let me install it. I don't let anyone touch my car.

The Viper 210 is an analog unit. Viper went to a digital system. I called Viper and they sold me their new digital system as an upgrade for about $200. I had it installed and programed through Vipergps.com. I don't know if Viper still offers the upgrade. Jerry

I had the digital upgrade done, the unti just needed to be swapped out when the whole world went celluar digital (had to do the same thing with my cell backup on my ADT alarm). However my issue is my account expired because I didn't renew it when my car was off the road. now that the GPS portion of VIPER has been dropped I was told I'm SOL.

I had the digital upgrade done, the unti just needed to be swapped out when the whole world went celluar digital (had to do the same thing with my cell backup on my ADT alarm). However my issue is my account expired because I didn't renew it when my car was off the road. now that the GPS portion of VIPER has been dropped I was told I'm SOL.

Your not sol. I am a Dei dealer and a mobile iq dealer. Dei never had there own gps unit and it was handeled thru a second party.

Your installer should of told you that you can not let the unit sit for more then 30 days or it can be pern deacvitated. I have not had any problems with anyone being moved over to mobile iq servers. And we are still using all of dei old stock till there all gone. Give me a call and I can see what i can do for you. Desmon- precisionmobilesoundwerks 562-489-3678

Wouldn't that open up DEI to a lawsuit for contract violation?:mad:

No because if you read the policy you would see that it was a second party. Also the installer should of told him that if expired you need to re activate it soon or it will be dropped from the system. If its not activated it still is using time from the celluar network. Just like not paying your phone bill. I be happy to help the op out if he wants.

PM'd..... if this works out I will be insanely excited!!

Hi

I have not read the all the posts here. But I just wanted to let you know of my solution

Bought this

I have put in a super cheap sim card. I have not gotten everything up and running just yet. But it should work.

BTW I love those CRX'es

Regards

Back