• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Viper alarm system trunk pop?

I have the viper alarm that has the little blue, cell phone looking pager remote, and it has an aux switch. My bro's S2000 has the same one, and he had the trunk pop programmed to the AUX button on the remote. Is this possible to do on an NSX?

I have the viper alarm that has the little blue, cell phone looking pager remote, and it has an aux switch. My bro's S2000 has the same one, and he had the trunk pop programmed to the AUX button on the remote. Is this possible to do on an NSX?

Yes, it is, because the NSX has a electronically activated solenoid to open the trunk. You will need to tap into this circuit to allow the alarm to open the trunk.

I had that on my old NSX when I had the viper. I want it again. I hate using the keys. :)

trunk release is wht/blk w/ silver dots (12v) in a blue plug under the driver dash.

locate and and confirm wire with a meter.

using a relay:

85 ---> red/white from the viper alarm
86 --->12v constant
87 --->12v constant
30 --->trunk release wire in car

be sure to fuse the 12v feed to the relay. 15A should suffice.

http://www.the12volt.com/ohm/basics.asp

relaytext.gif

Very helpful site.

Bryan

*scratches head*. ok. From the sounds of it, i need to locate the wire thats under the dash, and the one that comes out of the alarm. Run a wire with an inline 15 amp fuse between these two wires, and the rest is just programming the aux switch?

and what are the numbers from? the 85, 86? Sorry. Your patience is appreciated.

Last edited:
Ok. Well, I really don't know squat about this stuff, so perhaps its best that I take it to where I got my alarm installed to get this done. Unless of course someone is willing to take the time to do a write-up or step by step instructions on what exactly to do. And here I am thinking of trying to tackle a stereo project. Sigh. Thanks for the patience.

Ok. Well, I really don't know squat about this stuff, so perhaps its best that I take it to where I got my alarm installed to get this done. Unless of course someone is willing to take the time to do a write-up or step by step instructions on what exactly to do. And here I am thinking of trying to tackle a stereo project. Sigh. Thanks for the patience.

Without any back ground experience, this is not the car to test out your skills... :wink: I would highly suggest taking your car to a professional!

As a former installer, I have logged many hours replacing components & complete dashboards for amateurs trying to save a buck.

Last edited:
Back