• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Virginia Tech shooting

Traigic, 22 dead 28 injured as of 2PM EST. Sad:frown:

Edit as of 3:34EST 31 dead, unbelievable:eek: :frown:

Last edited:
They still don't have a lot of info..I'd imagine it was a student but they're still unsure. I'm sure more will unfold as the day progresses. Truly a shame.

People are pretty shocked here. Everyone knows someone who goes there and we're all trying to find out if our friends/family are okay. :(

But, but, but....guns are banned on school campus!!!!:rolleyes:

Maybe this will get rid of silly anti gun laws like that and allow law abiding citizens the right to defend themselves.

Maybe this will get rid of silly anti gun laws like that and allow law abiding citizens the right to defend themselves.

don't you think it's a little too soon to be politicizing this event? :confused:

you're advocating an armed student body?

don't you think it's a little too soon to be politicizing this event? :confused:

THANK YOU!

A lot of people at VT aren't coming home tonight. They have families and friends- and we don't know if any of them are on this board.

This is a tragedy of monumental proportion, please bite your tongue out of respect for the departed. :frown:

Philip

As a Virginia Tech Alumnus, this really saddens me. As a mechanical engineer graduate from Tech, I had many classes at Norris Hall where the shooting took place. I also had friends at Ambler Johnson (AJ) which I visted frequently in my undergrad years. As I watch the clips of the live news reports it brings back memories of areas where I used to walk to class. I think back to sitting in some the same classrooms and seats where people were shot and killed. The happy thoughts and memories of those places are now replaced with thoughts of horror and bloodshed. What's so sad is that people will make Virginia Tech and Blacksburg synonymous with words like slaughter and massacre, just like Colombine, and overlook what a kind, friendly, beautiful, peaceful and serene place it really is. It really is a sad tragedy. My Hokie heart bleeds Maroon and Orange today.

It's a damn shame. I go to the University of Texas and although 1966 was a long time ago there isn't a human being on campus that doesn't know what happened that year. My condolences to the families of the victims.

However, I was told by an acquaintance the school police were without firearms and this contributed to additional time the assailant was alloted to shoot people. It may seem like a bad time to talk about it, but to me there may never be a more appropriate time.

However, I was told by an acquaintance the school police were without firearms and this contributed to additional time the assailant was alloted to shoot people.

When I was at school there, both the campus police and Blacksburg police packed heat. I think it was more of a case of catching everyone off guard. It litterally is one of the most peaceful and tranquil places I've ever lived. I would have never expected this in a hundred years and I think other people (including the police) thought the same thing.

It's a damn shame. I go to the University of Texas and although 1966 was a long time ago there isn't a human being on campus that doesn't know what happened that year. My condolences to the families of the victims.
i was a little boy and remember the day that happened - watching in on the news.

<snip> It may seem like a bad time to talk about it, but to me there may never be a more appropriate time.
perhaps you're right... but i suggest another thread might be better for those who care to participate in that discussion.

Definitely not good and a horrible incident:frown: ..my heart and prayers goes out to the victims family and may god be with them!!!

one of my friends was good friends with one of the people that died. :frown:

one of my friends was good friends with one of the people that died. :frown:

Sorry to hear that, with over 30 people dead and hundreds within the vicinity plus all those on campus there are going to be lots of people directly affected by this horrible incident even more so indirectly if you think about the six degrees principle:frown:

Echos of Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal a number of years back. What ever compels these people?

Godspeed to all the victims, their families and their friends.

Such a terrible waste of precious human life.

Very sad....my heart goes out to the victims families and friends.

This sickens me. How can someone be so selfish, to take the lives of so many innocent people. Truly a sad sad day that will go down in history.

Life truly is too short, you never know when some disturbed person will take another innocent life.

My sincere condolences, :frown:
- Z

You sound like the idiot who was interviewed after the 1988 Stockton Schoolyard Shooting who said, "If those children were armed they could have returned fire!"

Link with a description of the victims, puts a name and face together although a sad occasion:frown: . If you read these bios' you realize it could of been anyone that was a potential vicitm, there was no rhyme or reason, you also get an insight to all these great people that had their lives cut horribly short.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18143312/?GT1=9246

Back