• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Volk LE37 VS 02+ OEM

VOLK LE-37 (18/19)
Front-18 X 7.5 (215/35/18) 35 lbs (w/tires)
Rear-19 X 9.5 (275/30/19) 44.5 lbs (w/tires)

IMG_0397.jpg

OR

2005 OEM set
Front- 17 X 7 (215/40/17) 38lbs (w/tires) + 25mm spacer (~1.5 lbs)
Rear-17 X 9 (255/40/17) 47.5 (w/tires) + 25mm spacer (~1.5 lbs)

IMG_0454.jpg

Will the smaller OEM's perform better than the taller but lighter Volks :confused:

My car is lowered w Eibachs/ Bilsteins along with the front Type-R sway and chassis bars/ Sway :smile:

spartan2-3 said:
VOLK LE-37 (18/19)
Front-18 X 7.5 (215/35/18) 35 lbs (w/tires)
Rear-19 X 9.5 (275/30/19) 44.5 lbs (w/tires)

IMG_0397.jpg
Unfortunately, I can't answer your question but those Volks look hot as hell. Any idea how to get that center cap?

Da Hapa said:
Unfortunately, I can't answer your question but those Volks look hot as hell. Any idea how to get that center cap?

They came with the set but if I can find a set of OEM Honda Caps that will fit the Volk center, the Volk caps will be for sale :biggrin:

kreh,
The Type-R chassis/ front sway bars made a huge difference. You can instantly feel it. The car feels completely flat on the corners. I love it more than my headers/ exhaust mod :smile:

I saw keep the 02's so you can sell me the volks! Actually both look spectacular but i'm partial to the Volk LE37. As far as i'm concerned i think the LE37 is the most beautiful wheel in the world and i want it to have my children.

The pictures speak for themselves... The LE37T's are the way to go... Your NSX really stands out with the Volk's...

I don't know about performance differences. But on a 'damn good lookin scale'... I think the LE37 is wayyyyyy up there in the hot classification. Keep the Volks mate.

I had a chance to pick up a set of 02 OEMs for like $1700 or 17/18 inch Volk LE37s for $1800. I went for the LEs. But now I would have went for the 02 OEMs. Both look clean. But in all honesty I dont like the pop up lights with the newer OEM wheels. Looks off IMO.

I say go for the 02 OEMs then the LEs on an 02-05 NSX. If you have an 91-01 NSX then I say go for the LEs then the 02 OEM.

EndlessNSX said:
I had a chance to pick up a set of 02 OEMs for like $1700 or 17/18 inch Volk LE37s for $1800. I went for the LEs. But now I would have went for the 02 OEMs. Both look clean. But in all honesty I dont like the pop up lights with the newer OEM wheels. Looks off IMO.
You got a pretty good deal for those LE's if they were in good condition with good tires. I don't really care for LE Volks, 37's or 28's. I prefer one piece wheels in one color. Still, I would probably choose the LE's over the 02 stocks. The 02 stocks are nice, but they're just....stocks. This is, of course, if you're talking about looks and not performance.
EndlessNSX said:
I say go for the 02 OEMs then the LEs on an 02-05 NSX. If you have an 91-01 NSX then I say go for the LEs then the 02 OEM.
If you already had an 02 NSX, wouldn't you most likely already have 02 stocks?

I vote for the Volks. While I love the look of the 02+ wheels, I honestly think the Volks are some of the best looking wheels on the market.

I love VOLK rims. Im such a wheel whore, I currently have the GTP's and CE28's and Im thinking of getting another set:redface:

spartan2-3 said:
Thanks for the feedbacks guys :cool:

amgnsx (Ariel) and I test fitted the Volks on his 04.
IMG_0427.jpg

The Volks looks hot on his 04 (aside from the 4X4 look):biggrin:
IMG_0447_edited.jpg
thanks for the pix Romeo

yeah yeah. i know it's a 4x4 look

dont worry it will be lowerd soon :biggrin:

spartan2-3 said:
Yuppp, thats what Im waiting to see, are you installing it this weekend? Do the Type-R sway 1st.

BTW, did I mention you need to paint your floor? :biggrin:
Ha ha ha :smile:
the Garage is sitll in the works. Posters are ready, now just waiting for frames
and for the floor.. uhh well No plans of getting the floor painted. Most likely will be something else :wink:
but then again might just do the paint for the time being

amgnsx said:
No plans of getting the floor painted. Most likely will be something else :wink:
but then again might just do the paint for the time being

I just had my garage finished and for my floor I used a company called "garage designs". They came and installed cabinets, racks, and fancy red/black checked tile. Looks unreal, I love it. Not very expensive either.

Just an FYI - The "VR" caps have been discontinued.

We also have several sets of Volk wheels in stock on sale here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75345

We would be happy to provide any of the Volk wheels as we are a master Volk dealer.

cheers,
-- Chris

Back