• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Volk Rays Wheel center caps

I bought a set of Volk GTV's a few years ago and they came with flat center caps. They looked nice but I wanted the Volk center caps. I found a set and bought them (used). When I tried to put them on I found that they were loose. They were on pretty well but you could spin them by hand. You could not remove them with out hitting the back side with a piece of wood and a mallet but spinning them was easy. I did some research and found that the Volk wheel center caps are held on by two o-rings. My caps only had one. I looked at the caps that I removed and found that they had a very thin o-ring which is designed to put tension on the cap so it is not going to fall off and will not spin. I removed these rings and fitted them to the Volk center caps and it worked perfectly. All is right with the world. Does anyone here know where to get those flat o-rings? I looked on the internet for quite some time but was not able to locate any information on the type of o-ring they are. No information on the Volk website either. I'd like to replace the rings I took off of the flat center caps at some point so any help would be greatly appreciated. I suppose I could bring the caps to a plumbing supply and see if they have anything that fits.

Thanks for the link. I'm just surprised that I can't find any mention of the o rings anywhere that gives the specs on them. If I knew what size they were it would be very useful information. I found it mentioned on a search that one guy used 3.5x50mm metric o rings for his center caps but there was no mention of the flat style o ring. Looks like a trip to plumbing supply is in order.

When my Rays centercaps arrived it actually came with an assortment of o-rings which I played around with to find the best combo to work on my CE28Ns. Later, when I sold those wheels I reused the caps on some TE37's and used a different set of rings.

Back