• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Volk SE37K - Which Color on Berlina Black?

Trying to decide what color to go with: bronze, black, mag blue, or something else? I found (from several different sources) two sets of wheels, but they were all different colors. Since I had 3 brand new silver ones, I went ahead and had the one black wheel refinished to match the silver. But I don't really like it - this wheel looks too plain in a light color.

I think dark colors look better for this style wheel. I really like the bronze, but I doubt I can find someone to accurately recreate the anodized lip to match the original Rays finish. I also like the textured center with shiny anodized lip that both the bronze and black wheels have. I should be able to recreate the textured center and smooth lip. I'll probably just ride on the silvers until I can get the other set refinished to a single color.

Looking for opinions and recommendations on refinishing to match the anodized lips, if possible.

volk0001.jpg

volk0003.jpg

volk0002.jpg

volk0005.jpg

1) silver 2)bronze ................blue is too trendy.

gun-metal or bronze...

I'm glad you were able to acquire some actual Ray's Volk SE37k's. I was trying to get my other wheels (Advan AVS Model 5's) refurbished/refinished for quite awhile, but it's been an ordeal to get them sorted-out; thus, I've been unable to sale the SE37k's till that's over w/ whenever.

Anywayz... here's how 17/18 SE37k's in bronze w/ a polished-lip look like on a Berlina black NSX:

(the temporary rear-fender vinyl-overlay banner is my cousin's forthcoming start-up; I was helping him promote it at some events, a few months ago...)

I'm thinking go w/ either gun-metal or bronze, on a Berlina black NSX. Color-matched or black center-caps (even CF-weave) from Volk would look great, to complete the look as well as dark(er) tuner lugnuts.

Last edited:
I would go with bronze, I am so jealous :smile: , i want a set of SE37Ks so bad, but no one is selling in 17/18 in bronze, someone sell me their set please :biggrin:

Mag Blue or Diamond Black, but neither of those have the textured center with the smooth lip which you prefer.

Blue looks cool....get blue lugnuts too....:cool:

Do they still make the SE37k?

I have a spare set of stock wheels that are going to buck the trends on my Black car.

Copper !

PS; Blue equates Magnesium in my mind. Be prepared to ansewer the question.

Last edited:
if you really want to get serious have the wheels sandblasted, have the lips machined smooth and send the wheels out to get anodized again

These are not anodized , volk calls it "alumite paint"

Back