• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Volk TE-37's on ebay

Can someone verify that do the 18x10.5 wheel at the rear with 295/35/18 tires might cause any rubbing for the 92?

Last edited:
92NSX said:
I didn't see where it said 'no reserve'. :confused: The seller also told a potential buyer to 'buy it now' but doesn't have a link for that. :confused:
Also charging 2xs what shipping should be. :eek:
I just bought a set of wheels/tires that were shipped from TX also via FedEx for $90.

Read the listing it says no reserve.

-jc-

Fyi, ASAA racing is linked in that auction, and thats a local import shop that sometimes purchases parts from my company. They are fairly reputable. If the wheels are IN their shop, Id think they would be good to buy from. Call their shop if you can find their website, or phone number in yellow pages if you have any further questions.

FWIW, I have nothing to do with this auction, only giving input on my experiences with them when this is a expensive auction.

The seller also told a potential buyer to 'buy it now' but doesn't have a link for that.
Also charging 2xs what shipping should be.
I just bought a set of wheels/tires that were shipped from TX also via FedEx for $90.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
he also ststs the 199 is for shipping and packaging....sounds like it will be kinkos or a ups store wrapping them up. I would want them protected..

01blacks4 said:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
he also ststs the 199 is for shipping and packaging....sounds like it will be kinkos or a ups store wrapping them up. I would want them protected..
Mine came shipped and packed very well. No damage whatsoever. Just seemed high for shipping to me. I guess others may not think that.
No big deal, I don't plan on buying them anyway.

Those are nice wheels.....but I prefer either the white or bronze personally.

92NSX said:
They seem very plain to me. Not nice enough to justify the cost.
Guess you are paying for the name more than anything. :rolleyes:

Actually, I like the clean and simple look. I paid for the quality and the way the wheel was built....I could care less if it is a Volk or not. :rolleyes:

Meeyatch1 said:
Actually, I like the clean and simple look. I paid for the quality and the way the wheel was built....I could care less if it is a Volk or not. :rolleyes:
I understand paying for a quality wheel, can't get around that.
I guess I was just expecting a lot nicer wheel for that amount of $$. Almost like they (Volk) can make any wheel and charge big money for it because of the name on it.

92NSX said:
I understand paying for a quality wheel, can't get around that.
I guess I was just expecting a lot nicer wheel for that amount of $$. Almost like they (Volk) can make any wheel and charge big money for it because of the name on it.
The TE37s are simply one of the best wheels available for the NSX. They are strong, light and in best quality. In fact the TE37 and the LE37T are Volk's signature wheels. Most of the JGTC NSXs use TE37 Magnesium wheels but of course magnesium wheels are not practical for the street. I am waiting for my 4th set of TE/LE to arrive. IMO, these are right up there with forged BBS wheels. There are more "bling" wheels out there such as iForged and HRE but there are not many "nicer" wheels.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
The TE37s are simply one of the best wheels available for the NSX. They are strong, light and in best quality. In fact the TE37 and the LE37T are Volk's signature wheels. Most of the JGTC NSXs use TE37 Magnesium wheels but of course magnesium wheels are not practical for the street. I am waiting for my 4th set of TE/LE to arrive. IMO, these are right up there with forged BBS wheels. There are more "bling" wheels out there such as iForged and HRE but there are not many "nicer" wheels.
Steve

Not doubting they are a good wheel but they are just not my cup of tea. Not everyone can have the 'best' wheels for their car. But rather buy a wheel they like and not be concerned with what others might think/say about it.
As long as you are happy with your purchase, regardless of what they are, that is all that matters. :smile:

I am of the opinion that not only are the TE37s one of the better quality wheels out there, they also are lighter than most of the competition (which matters in handling, braking, and acceleration) and in the case of white ones on a white NSX, simply amazingly beautiful (see Steve's AKA WhiteNsxs pic below):

attachment.php

Photochop:

Attachments

• te37s.jpg
    te37s.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 726
92NSX said:
Not doubting they are a good wheel but they are just not my cup of tea. Not everyone can have the 'best' wheels for their car. But rather buy a wheel they like and not be concerned with what others might think/say about it.
As long as you are happy with your purchase, regardless of what they are, that is all that matters. :smile:

You changed your post!

Arata said:
" TE37 Magnesium wheels but of course magnesium wheels are not practical for the street."

What makes you say that??
I run them on my car.
Magnesium alloy wheels are lighter than forged aluminum wheels. However, mags are not as "tough" as forged aluminum and will not be able to withstand the street's imperfections such as debris and potholes as well as the aluminum ones. Mags also are limited by their relative short life span compared to forged aluminum counterparts. In fact the mags used by the race teams get changed very often. They get micro-cracks much faster. I have magnesium wheels on my NSR250 SP. They are great wheels but I worry about their long term integrity for street use. When it was time for me to shop for wheels for my Fireblade, I bought forged aluminum racing wheels instead of magnesium ones for above reasons.
Steve

Whoohoo! 8 months after buying my NSX I finally deceided on the volk TE-37 which was my original favorite. I purchased the set this thread is based on for 2,600.00 but will be changing the tire size. Are ponyboy and I the only members that own these with the 10.5 rear? I will post pics as soon as there mounted.

DB92 said:
Whoohoo! 8 months after buying my NSX I finally deceided on the volk TE-37 which was my original favorite. I purchased the set this thread is based on for 2,600.00 but will be changing the tire size. Are ponyboy and I the only members that own these with the 10.5 rear? I will post pics as soon as there mounted.

He had them on Ebay for $2099.00 with no reserve. Since his Ebay fee on this item would be nearly $100.00 (since they are a "store" listing") I would have thought he would have taken $2000 even if bought outside of ebay.

Shumdit said:
He had them on Ebay for $2099.00 with no reserve. Since his Ebay fee on this item would be nearly $100.00 (since they are a "store" listing") I would have thought he would have taken $2000 even if bought outside of ebay.

He turned down a offer for 2,200.00. I didnt get a great deal but it was fair.The tires are new im hoping i can sell them for about 500$

Hey does anybody know how much these wheels would have cost me from Dali with shipping from japan? I was guessing 2,500. Am i close?

Back