• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Voltex Carbon GT Wing

Hey all,

I thought this would be a perfect item for NSX owners who want to make their car a little more aggressive and shave some time off at the track.

voltex_gtwing_type4_nsx.jpg

This Voltex Carbon Fiber GT is crafted specifically for the Acura NSX. It utilizes the Voltex Type 4 design with special brackets at 245mm height. The wing span is 1700mm. There is also an optional FRP trunk lid spoiler that sits on the factory trunk. This piece complements the wing very well, but is not required.

Voltex GT Wing displayed
with optional trunk lid spoiler:

voltex_gtwing_type4_nsxb.jpg

GT Wing $1,675
Optional Trunk Lid Spoiler $550

Optional Gurney Flap $220
Shipping $50-$100 depending on your location

For those that haven't heard of Voltex, it's a specialty parts company started in 2003, located in Suzuka, Japan (right by the circuit!). Nakajima, the Voltex founder, is very experienced in aerodynamic design and engineering. He has worked for various racing teams in Japan where he made composite body parts for F-3 and Formula Japan racecars. He has also worked in UK where he was an engineer for CROSBY GRP. CROSBY GRP provides services for F1 and WRC and has worked with drivers such as Jean Alesi. Voltex GT wings are made to meet the Super Taikyu "Endurance" regulations. About 50% of race cars in Class 4 uses Voltex wings for Super Taikyu Series, so you can be assured that Voltex is the real deal.

Evasive Motorsports is the leading authorized distributor of Voltex products in the U.S. We also have an Evasive Motorsports exclusive s2000 aero kit crafted by Voltex (check out our blog for photos). Evasive Motorsports competes in time attack events, and all our project vehicles utilize Voltex aero from GT Wings, Full Aero Kits, Carnards, and Difffusers. If you have any questions regarding Voltex products, please don't hesitate to contact us.

If you would like to order, send me a pm, e-mail, or give me a call 626.336.3400.

Thanks!
Tony

Last edited:
FRP version is going to be $160 less than carbon.

For the Type V, it's $1,975 in carbon, so $1,815 for FRP, mounted with NSX specific brackets & mounts. Let me know if you'd like to put in an order.

Looks nice.

A few questions:

1) What does the Type 5 look like?
2) What is a gurney flap

Do you have any more pics of that red NSX with the wing on it?

Scorp965 Do you have any more pics of your car from different angles with that wing? And just out of curiosity is the orange car in front of yours in the pics using the same wing? What kind of car is it?

A Gurney flap is a small lip at the trailing edge of the wing, at about a 90 degree angle (on the upper surface). It traps a rolling vortex and gives a significant amount of extra downforce with a relatively small drag penalty. Some racing cars have a slot machined into the trailing edge so they can swap flaps of different heights.

Nick

Here is a Type 5 with gurney flap on our Time Attack Evo 9. It's a split deck design as apposed to single. We can order this with NSX specific mounts like the photos above with Type 4 if you prefer the Type 5.
voltex_type_v_wing.jpg

Voltex wings are very much functional and keep the car planted very well. Check out some of our track videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FUtRAab_D0&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4roCEcS714&feature=channel_page

The gurney flap is as Hasdrubal described. There's a good piece of history about it on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurney_flap

Oh Snap!!! That looks hot and very functional... How much for the NSX brackets & mounts & Type V (CF version)??? Are these in stock? Or what is the ETA if I place the order? Thanks.

Oh Snap!!! That looks hot and very functional... How much for the NSX brackets & mounts & Type V (CF version)??? Are these in stock? Or what is the ETA if I place the order? Thanks.

These are not in stock. We have been stocking them for evo, s2000, but not yet NSX. However, we do have Type 4 wings coming in end of October specificly for NSX. If you would like Type 5, I can order it and have it on the same container. If you'd like it sooner, we can request voltex air freight it directly to your house after production. This process normally takes 4-6 weeks for delivery and is an extra $300 for the freight shipping. Everything is hand made, so we do have to be a little patient unfortunately.

P.S. please turn on your private messages so I can pm you pricing. Thanks.

Scorp965 Do you have any more pics of your car from different angles with that wing? And just out of curiosity is the orange car in front of yours in the pics using the same wing? What kind of car is it?

If you haven't seen more pictures of my car from different angles, you must be a stranger to the picture and build forums :tongue:

The Lotus in front of me has an APR GTC-300 wing, it is move 'curved' than the Voltex wing (I used to run the GTC-500 APR wing, as well as the Taitec GT500 wing).

Back