• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Walk to cure diabetes

JDRFFLYERcopy.jpg

Should be a great day at Dodger stadium, no matter the amount help support us and help cure diabetes. "Every dollar counts"

I will also be doing another walk the following saturday at UCI.

Not sure what type 1 diabetes is come out, hangout and join us in working on a cure. With my daughter developing this almost a year ago I was blind to what diabetes was? now I have dug in and tried to learn as much as possible. It has also made me aware of what we eat and how bad some food really is.......

Thanks for the support and talk to everyone soon.

Josh:biggrin:
http://walk.jdrf.org/
Team Lara
California

Hi Josh,

It is so good to see the active interest that you and your family have invested in the JDRF and the upcoming walkathon fundraiser. I am sorry to hear about your daughter contracting DM Type I. I am sure that it was a total shock to say the least to both you and your daughter. Good news is, she can live a perfectly normal, long life as long as she adheres to a healthy exercise and diet regimine along with insulin therapy. It is very important to come under the care of a pediatric endocrinologist who both you and your daughter are comfortable with and go for routine check ups.

There are many professional athletes with Type I DM and even Miss America a couple of years ago was a Type I diabetic.

If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to email me anytime at [email protected] I have had Type I DM for over 30 years and fortunately have lived a very healthy life as a result. Good luck Josh.

Jon,

You hit the nail right on, yes watching intake and activity and insulin after meals is our life. We see a endocrinologist every three months and everything is going great.

I cant tell you how great it is to hear from someone who has had type 1 for 30 years, I would be interested in your story and your experience.

I will e-mail you maybe we can talk and send me any good sites you visit.

thank you very much, takecare,

Josh
[email protected]

Put Your Old Cell Phones To Good Use!

JDRF and Phones 4 Charity
Cell Phone Drive
11/1/08
at Dodger Stadium!

Your cellular phone donation can help generate much needed funds for JDRF!
That old cell phone can be used to help fight juvenile diabetes. JDRF will receive a monetary donation for each used cell phone donated.

Collection bins will be located at the registration area for the L.A. Walk to Cure Diabetes at Dodger Stadium on November 1st.

For large donations, please call Frances at 213-233-9908 for pickup.

Your donation is tax-deductible.
Donation receipts can be picked up on site.​

Back