• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Want a large JDM or aftermarket part from Japan? Split cargo shipping with others.

Updates in RED

Original Frame
= 71,600yen (go figure?)
Acrylic Hatch = 100,800yen
GT Duct (FRP) = 100,800yen
Aluminum Funnel = 36,000yen
Assembled (duct/funnel/hatch). = 36000yen. I looked at other pages on the site, this comment was separated by a comma. Probably meaning integrated, and sealed.
Total = 345,200yen
ASSY= 324,000yen..... I dont know. just because one speaks japanese doesnt mean they know carspeak.

Suzuka-gt.net price: 265,300yen
Trade in YOUR hatch, 205,700.

if someone is really interested, i can type up an email/inquiry.

I am interested! If the conversion is correct it is around $2700.00.. I'll take it at that price if it includes the hatch and the duct! Pm me.

I believe the registered vendor has already done that as this is his thread... The help is much appreciated for everyone though! I needed you a while ago. lol :biggrin:

Updates in RED

Original Frame
= 71,600yen (go figure?)
Assembled (duct/funnel/hatch). = 36000yen. I looked at other pages on the site, this comment was separated by a comma. Probably meaning integrated, and sealed.
Total = 345,200yen
ASSY= 324,000yen..... I dont know. just because one speaks japanese doesnt mean they know carspeak.

Hi Louis,

Who do you recommend for camshafts in Japan?

Thank you in advance!

Chris

Hello Chris,

I will do some research and get back to you on that.

Updates in RED

Original Frame
= 71,600yen (go figure?)
Total = 345,200yen

Thanks for the help!

UPDATE:

I have tried directly contacting Route KS and Garage Kite since last Monday after sending several inquiries. Their response time or lack of response is unacceptable. With that said, going manufacturer direct is not something I am comfortable with. I am now waiting on my other sources.

Just got pricing on the Garage Kite parts.

I'm interested in kite garage rear fenders/widebody.

1400.00 for the rears set.

I am also interested in Kite Garage rear quarters and front fenders.

1400.00 for the rears set and 895.00 for the front set.

These fenders are built to order with a 2 week lead time.

- - - Updated - - -

Off the nifty page

Part #006

That front lip i would lile to get, how much is the conversion rate i googled yen to cdn dollar and 3800 is something 666

450.00 USD.

Last edited:
Louis,

Could you please PM me the price for JDM OEM fenders and lighting? Whatever parts are needed to do a front fender conversion.

Thanks
J

Louis,

Could you please PM me the price for JDM OEM fenders and lighting? Whatever parts are needed to do a front fender conversion.

Thanks
J

Hello J,

Quote sent on the JDM fenders and sidemarkers. Your order shipped today as well. Thank you!

Louis thx for your replay what is the lead time on that nifty 006 part? Also would that just bolt on onto factory fender

Louis thx for your replay what is the lead time on that nifty 006 part? Also would that just bolt on onto factory fender

Looks to fit right over the oem parts. I sent them an email asking your questions. They seem to take a week to answer emails.

So no word on the gt duct and rear window?

Not yet. Even my guys in Japan are still waiting on their reply. If all else fails, I know where I can get them, but it will not be from Route KS direct. I have to go through a third party and the price will be higher because of their added fees. Maybe 15-20% more on top of the listed yen price on the RKS site. It would only be offered as a complete hatch with scoop and ducting. I am double checking on this and on availability.

If you are or anyone is still interested, let me know either way and I will keep working on it. If, not I will just drop it.

Louis,

Thanks for the RF Yamamoto Pulley Set! Gil picked it up today.

20140602_154855.jpg
20140602_154926.jpg

How about price for just the scoop? I think I found a hatch that I can use

At this point, I have stopped making an attempt for Route KS parts because their lack of response even to my Japanese contacts. Not a good business to deal with especially if you are not local to them in my opinion.

Louis,

Thanks for the RF Yamamoto Pulley Set! Gil picked it up today.

View attachment 113165
View attachment 113166

Nice! Got word back this morning on what "flat" vs "twill" means. "Flat" is the more common carbon version, but no pics could be provided by them. They take about 1 week to make. Let me know which ones you like to go with and I will book the whole order.

For those who booked oil pan orders, I am waiting on tracking numbers.

I am no longer bothering with Route KS as they don't respond even to my contacts in Japan. Odd to say the least. I rather not deal with such poor customer service anyways. Not worth it.

I am still searching on some better shipping rates. One last try I am making. If not, that will be the end of this attempt to bring over large items.

Thanks for all the patience.

Last edited:
Alright guys I now have access to Route KS, Garage Kite and RF Yamamoto! I also have reasonable cargo shipping to my local port. Reasonable I mean by splitting costs between others. For example, a Route Ks hatch, 2 Garage Kite wide front fenders and 2 rear wide fenders shipped to my seaport is 1k. Divided evenly by 3 buyers, shipping to the USA is 333.00. This does not include broker fees, taxes or any shipping to your door. I will find out the broker fees soon. Door to door shipping will be figured out as soon as possible.

With that said, anyone who would like to push forward with this, please continue to reply to this thread.

Thanks, Louis.

At this point:

2 people are interested:

RFY rear bumper
Route KS hatch
Route Ks RGT front bumper.

Anyone else, feel free to add yourself to the list.

Would you be able to send parts purchased from yahoo auctions? If so, I'd possible like a set of wheels. Would the tires have to be removed?

Hi Louis,

Can you please provide me a quote for all of these non-compliance bushings? Thank you in advance!

http://www.rf-yamamoto.com/NSXfootwork/9.html

http://www.rf-yamamoto.com/NSXfootwork/10.html

I also found this with Advance, not sure which is the better kit to go with.

http://www.advance-jp.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=45

Also, would it be possible to contact Esprit, Advance, and possibly Tracy Sports to see if they would be willing to make me an intake manifold?

Thanks in advance!

Baller!!! Why not a toda crate engine with the itbs/cams/etc..

Hi Louis,

Can you please provide me a quote for all of these non-compliance bushings? Thank you in advance!

http://www.advance-jp.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=45

Also, would it be possible to contact Esprit, Advance, and possibly Tracy Sports to see if they would be willing to make me an intake manifold?

Thanks in advance!

Baller!!! Why not a toda crate engine with the itbs/cams/etc..

Cams are not too far off, but no ITBs. I already have my LoveFab LF600 Kit! :) Also contemplating a 3.5, or 3.8 build thanks to Gil...:(

Would you be able to send parts purchased from yahoo auctions? If so, I'd possible like a set of wheels. Would the tires have to be removed?

I do not handle Yahoo auctions at this point. Used good shipments cannot be easily coordinated with new goods if that makes any sense. Mainly it is a storage and holding issue.

Hi Louis,

Thanks in advance!

Hello Chris,

I will send you a email once I have some information. Thanks.

I am interested in the route ks rgt front and rear bumper. Please pm me price!

Here are the prices. http://www.suzuka-gt.net/NSX/zaz_rgt/index.html

When you translate from Yen to USD (for ex on Google currency converter) it is off by about 2%. Then my fee is 10% of what that final conversion is. For ex, today 80200yen to usd in Google = 785.00 + 2% + 10% fee = your cost. Then of course there are shipping costs, broker fees, etc.

Here is a list of the three websites to for products and prices.

Route KS
Rf Yamamoto
Garage Kite

Update on Broker fees.

An example of 5000.00+ worth of items ( lexan hatch with snorkel, 1 set of wide front fenders and 1 set of wide rear fenders) arriving to me:

Broker fees, duties taxes etc are estimated to be about 700.00.

Cargo shipping plus handling fees is about 1200.00.

Then final shipping from me to customer. Example a front bumper would run about 75.00 going from California to Maine. I'm figuring out on adding additional insurance because at that 75.00 price, coverage is for up to 300.00 only.

Divided up the total of all cost 1200 + 700 = 1900.00 by say 3 buyers = 633.00 per person to just import their big part to the US. Then you have the 75.00 shipping to you.

Sounds like a bargain :rolleyes:. But, hey, if you guys want the parts, I can get it done.

Last edited:
Back