• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Want To SEE: buyers posting offer price!

It's funny, I see LOTS of people posting WTB ads for parts, but NONE are willing to post what they are willing to pay for such said sought after item.

When I last posted a WTB ad, I clearly stated that I was willing to pay $100 for an item that normally cost $220 new. I found & got what I wanted very quickly.

I think more would respond to posts if the price willing to be paid is listed...

PLUS, it will let sellers know whether to take a buy serious or not, and may even motivate some sellers to part with something if they see an attractive offer being made!!!

Moderators: can we make posting the offer price mandatory? It could save band-width on un-needed posts... :D

The problem is that pricing will vary greatly depending upon age and condition of part. For example, I need a passenger window regulator. I would pay $450 new in the bubble wrap. I might pay $325-350 for a newly rebuilt one if the vendor doing the rebuild is a known entity. I would probably only pay $100 for a broken one that needs rebuilding. And that would still depend upon how much info I had on each part and whether the seller was known in the community.

The problem is that pricing will vary greatly depending upon age and condition of part. For example, I need a passenger window regulator. I would pay $450 new in the bubble wrap. I might pay $325-350 for a newly rebuilt one if the vendor doing the rebuild is a known entity. I would probably only pay $100 for a broken one that needs rebuilding. And that would still depend upon how much info I had on each part and whether the seller was known in the community.

Good point about the age, quality, condition, etc...

I just feel the way I posted, and not posting the price you're willing to pay just reeks of "wanting something for nothing...cheap."

I suppose one could post:

"Looking for new or undamaged (insert part name here), and willing to pay $XXX. (depending upon quality & condition)."

YMMV...

Back