• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wanted, pictures of NSX on 4 post lift and height requirements

I am looking a putting a 4 post lift in my new garage and want to be able to park the NSX on the lift with my S2000 underneath it. Basically has anyone got any pictures showing this and how much height do I need to be able to do this.

I am looking a putting a 4 post lift in my new garage and want to be able to park the NSX on the lift with my S2000 underneath it. Basically has anyone got any pictures showing this and how much height do I need to be able to do this.

9' ceilings NSX and Pantera

Attachments

• Rear stacked.JPG
    Rear stacked.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 389
9' ceilings NSX and Pantera

Measure the height of both cars and add 10-12" for the ramp......that should be the minimum required........

I will put a 4 post lift in next year (tried this year, but the garage is still full of moving boxes). I'm doing the same as you are. NSX on top. S2000 on the bottom. I have 9ft 6" garage height, so it will clear. 9ft is the minimum w/ no obstructions overhead. With a 9ft garage you can park two lower profile cars w/ the lift. A sedan would likely not fit w/ a 9ft garage w/ the NSX on top.

My garage is 9'6" and it fits the NSX and another car very easily.

That calculator you linked to is OK ... except they neglected to add the extra height required to get the upper section above the locks ... because the lift needs to go 3 or 4 inches above its locking tabs, then it can rest back down.

Also, the locks might be at 56", or 62", or 66", etc ... so you can't just leave the upper level exactly where you need it ... it has to be on the locks.

Finally, realize that you may need to relocate the garage door closer to the ceiling ... a high lift kit can be installed, or you can do it yourself.

It may not operate quite the same if it doesn't roll back at the same height, though.

That calculator you linked to is OK ... except they neglected to add the extra height required to get the upper section above the locks ... because the lift needs to go 3 or 4 inches above its locking tabs, then it can rest back down.

Also, the locks might be at 56", or 62", or 66", etc ... so you can't just leave the upper level exactly where you need it ... it has to be on the locks.

Finally, realize that you may need to relocate the garage door closer to the ceiling ... a high lift kit can be installed, or you can do it yourself.

It may not operate quite the same if it doesn't roll back at the same height, though.

All three very important!!!
1) My Direct Lift also has to go 2-3 inches past the uplock and then settle down on it.
2) The uplocks may NOT be exactly where your custom height needs to be.
3) I have a deep enough garage to recess the lift to clear the garage door opener.

Last edited:
Thanks all, I'll measure the height I have got and see if any alteration can be done to the A frame of the roof to give extra height.

Basic four post lifts cost between $1800 to $3000 depending on brand, made in USA or made in China. Installation usually runs another $700.

Do four-post lifts have to be bolted to the garage floor, or can they
be free-standing? Will the posts "walk"? (PS - no earthquakes where I live.)

Back