• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Warning! Re: Larry Garcia, Nsx Modified

So J,
I have to say that you are brave....very brave to buy a supercharger over the internet without even seeing any pics or understanding the history it. One thing that really puzzles me.....if you can spend 5500 on a supercharger, then why can't you afford another 1000$ to ask Larry to fly to Florida for the installation. I know Larry fly to Atlanta, Georgia often to do SC installations and inspections. You would rather take the risk and ask someone who is not knowledgable about NSX and CTSC in general to do the installation. Had the supercharger locked up while Larry performed the installtion at your place, I am pretty sure he would take full responsibility at the spot.....
JACK

Originally posted by jackmac:
So J,
I have to say that you are brave....very brave to buy a supercharger over the internet without even seeing any pics or understanding the history it. ...... Had the supercharger locked up while Larry performed the installtion at your place, I am pretty sure he would take full responsibility at the spot.....
JACK

A reputable intermediary should be far better than a thousand pictures which are very limited in what they can show anyway. I know what a perfect condition SC looks like and so does Larry. I trusted Larry, and if Larry were trustworthy, pics would be totally unnecessary. People buy cars sight unseen. Buying an SC through an trustworthy intermediary should not be a big deal.

If my SC had seized while Larry was here, he wouldn't have a replacement here, so he would be on a plane home leaving me with promises. How much is a promise worth from a guy who can never return a phone call when promised OR EVEN SEND YOU THE PARTS HE SELLS YOU.
I can't emphasize enough how much this outright, inexcusable commisson of fraud tells me about Larry. But I seem to be one of the few people on this thread who regards this as showing his true stripes. These parts were due at my house three weeks ago, Larry never provided any tracking numbers to indicate he even tried to ship them (despite repeated promises to do so). Further, I have raised this issue so many times on this thread and Larry didn't even address this point in the single reply he posted here.
If Larry was only extremely negligent, can you imagine those parts not arriving by FedX the day after my first post? Nor have they arrived since in spite of threats to involve the California repair shop regulators and spread my complaint to every NSX and Acura website. He has never even tried to contact me. Doesn't this say something???? At this point, my opinion of Larry wouldn't be improved one bit even if they did arrive.

Originally posted by jackmac:
So J,
I have to say that you are brave....very brave to buy a supercharger over the internet without even seeing any pics or understanding the history it. One thing that really puzzles me.....if you can spend 5500 on a supercharger, then why can't you afford another 1000$ to ask Larry to fly to Florida for the installation. I know Larry fly to Atlanta, Georgia often to do SC installations and inspections. You would rather take the risk and ask someone who is not knowledgable about NSX and CTSC in general to do the installation. Had the supercharger locked up while Larry performed the installtion at your place, I am pretty sure he would take full responsibility at the spot.....
JACK

I am sorry, Jackmac. But you just touched on a very interesting topic. See, I have one of the cars that Larry flew to Georgia to do a install on. SC/Headers/Exhaust and maybe trans.(That story changed a couple of times)
What leads you to believe that the outcome would have been different if Larry had done the install in Florida? Does he have to give him the $1000 on top of everything else to make sure that he gets what he was supposed to get anyway? (Meaning if I am where you are I will make sure the job is correct) Give me a break. The people that are getting what they pat for,based purely on those that have said this in this post, are the people that live in the area that can actually see what is going on with their parts and cars.
People thousands of miles away don't have that luxury. It has been stated over and over that there is no doubt that Larry knows about the cars. It has also been shown that his business practices are not condusive to customer satisfaction, unless you live in So Cal. Understand this He DOES NOT return phone calls, He does not pay attention to your time frame, He tells you that he will do something putting you on the hook to the point of very little alternatives than he does not deliver. (basing this purely on First hand knowledge) He may be a brilliant mechanic/NSX tech, but that does not mean a damn thing when you or your car is in limbo and he won't answer calls and has your damn parts. (Maybe he doesn't and is waiting to get them from you guys that he takes care of so quickly when you just drive up). His business practices are a joke. It is a shame that he has even let it spill out onto the forum. Jeff did get his attention, I just don't hope he has to wait 3 months to get something done LIKE I DID. I would post my story, But to be quite obvious Jeff's is so much like mine, with the exception of mine being a different part(s) it would be redundant. Hell I gave up on one part. Jeff I don't think my story would do anything but hurt you in this thread, Plus I have already had to spend Thousands to fix mine. I got tired of waiting months on end. I don't want to do anything but support your thread. I know you aren't lying, because I can hear the words all over again. I just hope he takes care of you. To be fair Larry did finally send me my parts. 3 months and 3thousand dollars to late. I would sell it to someone , but I am truely scared that the unit came from someone else's car. So it is now just a reminder.
I am not trying to Fry Larry, don't know him.
I am just telling the truth as well as voicing what looks like a valid opinion. If I am wrong I will apologize, Not worried about that one because I was already screwed by him. So those that are out there in So Cal that are trumpeting all of this great service, tell him to give it to everyone.

Leonard Musgray
St. Louis Mo.
[email protected]
Not hiding behind a tag, Not worried.

Leonard,
Thanks for worrying about whether telling your story would hurt my chances of Larry remedying my problem. Larry is no longer telling me that he is packaging parts for shipment as we speak, which is much better than continuing the lie and dragging out the time my car sits in my garage inoperative. I have zero hope of Larry coming through which is why my SC is with Mark Basch and if he doesn't tell me that he was able to fix it (should know tomorrow), I will promptly order a new SC unit.

So if you have time to provide the gory details, I think people will find it even more apalling than my story since there is no way anyone other than Larry could have been responsible, the dollars are larger, and it is a case of a large fraud with shoddy workmanship thrown in for good measure.
Larry's trying to send you a part of questionable origin three months too late did nothing to save you any expense or aggravation.

Originally posted by SexyRed:
Nsextasy, true this was the burn't up SC on ebay. I have witnessed it in person @ Larry shop.

As an update to this whole situation, the guys at Comptech have bent over backwards to help me even though none of this is in any way their fault. We have had to cover virtually every piece of this cobbled together box of miscellaneous and missing parts that Bradley Scott Swisher and Larry Garcia sold me after Larry Garcia vouched for its supurb condition.
If any given piece actually turns out OK, it will have had to be re-checked out anyway given the source. My next update will cover this whole fiasco in detail.

The NSX is running and running strong! Will soon install the Comptech headers I have sitting in my garage. They are such a work of art, its a shame to hide them in the car instead of in the living room!

Many thanks again to Shad and Bob Lionti over at Comptech and to Mark Basch for an incredible amount of help in straightening this whole mess out. Thanks also to so many of you on this board who have helped.

Back