• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Warping?

Is there a handfull of you guys who have the same problem as I do? The front bumper on either side of the the headlight is indented somewhat and it doesnt look solidly straight.

I thougth that maybe I was the only one with a problem but I stumbled upon another car like mine black at a mall and I checked his car out to, and he had the same problem as I have.

Mike

I have posted the very same message some time ago. I noticed it most when the car had been sitting in the sun for awhile and the plastic bumper was warm. I have a dark Green color and I beleive it's a common thing with dark colored NSX's.

I see......Yeah I noticed the light coloured cars dont have that....so i guess there is not fix for this other than just drive it out at night...hehee:D

Hmmn...interesting, I noticed this immeadiately after the front bumper had been repaired after a minor scuff. The body shop had replaced it with new "OEM part." Bringing this to their attention, we had them replace it again, but with a "Genuine Honda part" this time. Afterwards the problem went away. :confused:

Sensei;)

I noticed this on my Black car two years ago, at an NSXCA event. After inspection of the 20 or so cars at the event the dark cars sagged a lot, but the Silver,White, even the Spa Yellow cars were OK, if just a little sagged.

Funny, it was also after just after having the nose repainted, but I think I was looking at it more!! All the Black cars at this event had the same issue.

I think you could put a styrofoam support under there to solve it, but never found the time to make one:).

HTH,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:
I noticed this on my Black car two years ago, at an NSXCA event. After inspection of the 20 or so cars at the event the dark cars sagged a lot, but the Silver,White, even the Spa Yellow cars were OK, if just a little sagged.

Funny, it was also after just after having the nose repainted, but I think I was looking at it more!! All the Black cars at this event had the same issue.

I think you could put a styrofoam support under there to solve it, but never found the time to make one:).

HTH,
LarryB

I guess its one way to find out weather the car has been painted or not. I thought it looked wierd and I dont even know if it could be fixed. Too bad its not a defect and warranted I would like a new bumper and paint job:D

Mike

I do not think it has anything to do with repainting or not, it just gets soft in the bright sun:).

HTH,
LarryB

Good to hear I'm not the only one

95 Berlina Black

Back