• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Water Injection Questions

Has anyone installed the Aquamist water injection system?

What is your impression of it?

I have a Dinan SC M3 that I drive at the track about 5 times a year. Most sessions are in the summer so I'd like to make sure that I'm not lossing any of that fine power that I've paid for.

It also seems that the cooling effect would also help prolong engine life and possibly avoid blowing up the engine under track driving conditions.

Thanks

------------------
Pete

99 Dinan Supercharged M3
98 Turbo VR6 4motion New Beetle

This is definitely off-topic, but you should look into the RMS air-to-water aftercooler. See http://www.racemarque.com/products.html The installs I've seen run over 300 RWHP with aftercooler and only a modest bump in PSI.

--twc

99 NSX-Z SC (360 RWHP)
95 Dinan M3 SC (290 RWHP)
95 BMW M3 (Bone Stock)

I have the Aquamist. You can get the basic setup which is strictly on/off based on the boost level you select, or the more advanced version that can be mapped according to RPM and boost (as I recall).

I have the base model. The pump is high quality (but big and heavy) and it comes with the adjustable boost switch, relay, hose, and three nozzle sizes.

Assuming your car never pings when driven hard on the street and you don't wish to turn up the boost or spark advance, then there is no need for it to be used at those times. Ideally, I would get the mappable version but also install an intake temperature sensor and use it to "arm" the water injection system. (not trigger it, just to supply power to the system which then runs as designed via boost and RPM).

Then you need some dyno time.

[This message has been edited by sjs (edited 25 March 2002).]

Thanks for the tips.

Based on your feedback and from others, I've decided to go with the aftercooler from RMS. Even the Aquamist website says that an inter/after-cooler is the best way to cool the charge.

Thanks again.

------------------
Pete

99 Dinan Supercharged M3
98 Turbo VR6 4motion New Beetle

Back