• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

water leaked when my ac is on, coming from the front right below the battery tray.

hello, I just find out a problem, when I turn on my ac, there is water leak in the front end ( right below the battery tray), I checked and look like its water, not coolant, my coolant level is normal. anyone have experience this before, is it safe to drive? anyway to fix it. thanks

Last edited:
thanks for replying, is there anyway to fix it or what cause this problem? thanks for your help.

It's the water that condenses from the cold air in your A/C system.
It drips out through a tube at the bottom of the car.
Every car with A/C does this normally.
Is this your first car with A/C?

I recently bought the car, never used the ac, and until recently fixed my ccu unit and added freon. now in working order and just notice the water leak below next to the battery tray when my AC is on. Is it normal to drive like that or I need to fix it?

This is normal with ANY cars with AC..... It is the condensation from evaporator.

hello, I just find out a problem, when I turn on my ac, there is water leak in the front end ( right below the battery tray), I checked and look like its water, not coolant, my coolant level is normal. anyone have experience this before, is it safe to drive? anyway to fix it. thanks

There is a drain tube that comes out under the car. Make sure the water is dripping from that & not something else. That tube can get clogged, water can find tits way into other areas and create mold - - ugly! Try gently cleaning out that tube with a long wire, or with compressed air.

There is a drain tube that comes out under the car. Make sure the water is dripping from that & not something else. That tube can get clogged, water can find tits way into other areas and create mold - - ugly! Try gently cleaning out that tube with a long wire, or with compressed air.

We have had several Hondas in our shop that have had water backing up into the interior. Spiders spin webs in the drain tube and the water can't drain. What's this talk about tits by the way? :)

Folks,

He said the water is "leaking", as in "coming out". This is totally normal, it is exactly where the drain tube is, enjoy your NSX:).

AC drain is clogged or AC drain pan under condenser may have crack in it.

Sorry, I misread the original post and thought he was talking about a leak into the foot wells inside the car, which is a problem I had caused by cracked drain pan, which was repaired.

Sorry, I misread the original post and thought he was talking about a leak into the foot wells inside the car, which is a problem I had caused by cracked drain pan, which was repaired.

I just had this happen yesterday. I was driving and made a right hand turn and got a surprise when really cold water hit my feet. Figured it was condensation from running the a/c but had never experienced that. So sounds like I also need to check the drain tube and or pan. If the pan is cracked, is this something that is DYI or will it need to be taken in? Also when cleaning the drain tube, just use a wire (coat hanger) to try to remove the debris? I just would not want to push whatever is in there deeper.

take blower out if front of car, look inside and you will see 1-2 lbs of leaves, mud, twigs, dead bugs, suck out with long nose vacuum attachment, then spray some deagreaser, soap, something that cleans, under your kitchen sink will have what you need, spray the coils with this cleaner. let it sit for about 15 min.

then jack car up find the drain tube which is easy to find. stick vacuum on the hole and suck it a few times till you hear your cleaner liquid sucking out, reinstall everything after its all dry run a/c till you see drips coming out of the tube.

done.

no-one ever cleans this and they wonder why their car smells like mold

good luck

One guy is Canadian and the rest have no excuse.

It's normal for all cars with a/c.

Cheers
nigel

No excuse!

Environment Canada issued a heat warning today for southern Saskatchewan with the humidity adjusted temperatures forecast for +40C and not a cloud in the sky! MY AC will be cranked to the max and leaving a small lake on the garage floor! Love all that window glass and the black leather interior.

However, back on topic, do as Shawn says and clean the debris out of the blower box and make sure that the drain tube is clean.

Last edited:
Back