• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

We can't be alone in the universe ...can we?

Originally posted by huckster:
oh yeah. several encounters. there was actually even a pattern.

it happened back when I was younger. I'd wake up and feel really groggy and couldnt remember everything that had happened in the past 24hrs. My body didnt want to respond and could barely move.

Finally, when I could get my arms to move I'd slowly inch up and pry my eyes open one at a time. On one elbow I'd glance around the murky cloudy room until I noticed, right there next to my naked violated body....
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!
There she was!!! AN ALIEN!!

Luckily, the abductions ended right after I met my wife, well, anyway, pretty quickly after we started dating.
wink.gif

HOLY CRAP!! I can't believe it. I had the exact same experiences!! Except mine were due to college drinking benders and some chick I didn't recognize in the morning. And sometimes I would even wake up in strange unfamiliar girl's bedrooms!!

Sorry...couldn't resist the sarcazim, either...but c'mon, really?? Abductions?? I am not closed minded to the notion that there are "others" out there, but what a bunch of crap that they come into people's rooms at night and so on and so on.....

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Black

Originally posted by Jonathan:

....it is as sure of a bet as there is, even if it just means discovering fungus on Uranus.....

"Fungus on Uranus", was it an accident that you just said what I think you said? That's just way too funny!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by docjohn:
And the above is exactly why advanced species (aliens)would not contact us if they know we are here.In short they would screw up our natural mental and technological evolution.In effect spoiling us.This whole argument comes down to your beliefs,evolutionist or creationist,as polarizing as the abortion issue.
Sounds just like the "prime directive" in Star Trek.

*shakes head*
the innuendo’s are flying here...
smile.gif

Speaking of star trek, any of u guys seen the new movie: Nemesis?

oh man... when i went with mates, there were a lot of single weird guys in the cinema... all the nerds were laughing at comments on screen that made no sense... and all the technical talk was like reading a PC Service Manual. But otherwise it was ok...
biggrin.gif

After I had written my post I realized what I had done,"the prime directive"When you look back on the original series its funny how many times they(crew of enterprise) broke it.and if anything there were thousands of alien children with Kirk's eyes.The federation propably wanted him at a desk job because the intergalactic child support was killing them!lol.Now back to Uranus!

And the above is exactly why advanced species (aliens)would not contact us if they know we are here.In short they would screw up our natural mental and technological evolution.In effect spoiling us..

How can you support this view? You are just projecting your own ethical system. It is nothing more than wishful thinking.

It is significantly more likely they would just treat us as a resource.

Originally posted by cpmoran:
If aliens came here dont you think some nsxs would be missing?

Maybe that's explains the low number of 'reported sales' ... u're rite! it's all a conspiracy... Aliens come here to steal NSX's so they can mod them into spaceships!

oh.... that would be SWEET!!!!!!! NSX to Mars! Woohoo!!!!
biggrin.gif

After I had written my post I realized what I had done,"the prime directive"When you look back on the original series its funny how many times they(crew of enterprise) broke it.and if anything there were thousands of alien children with Kirk's eyes.The federation propably wanted him at a desk job because the intergalactic child support was killing them!lol.Now back to Uranus!
LOL! Cap'n Kirk, always da ladie's man.
biggrin.gif

Hey there David,I'm interrested to know how my judgments could not be affected by my own belief system,When dealing with a topic with no proven data ,only conjecture.The fact that we have no hard evidence of contact suports my claim of the prime directive.I guess what you are saying is that a superior race would contact us if we were discovered,and since we hav'nt had the big hello, then we are alone,I'd like to hear your thoughts. Actualy after rereading your posts I realize that you believe strongly we would be eaten or exploited by a superior race,arent you as guilty as I am of assigning your own paradigm to this dilema?

....Actualy after rereading your posts I realize that you believe strongly we would be eaten or exploited by a superior race,arent you as guilty as I am of assigning your own paradigm to this dilema?

Anyone remember or even watched the classic Twilight Zone Episode, "To Serve Man"?

Dick Van Dyke: "Don't board that ship! Don't board that ship! It's a cook book! It's a cook book!!!!"
biggrin.gif

Hey, anyone read The Cosmic Connection by the late great Dr. Carl Sagan? Chapter 30, "If We Succceed..." Dr Sagan gives a very logical and sound argument on the greater possibilities of benevolent contact between us humans and much more advanced extra-terrestrial civilizations. A definite must-read for nay-sayers like David B.
wink.gif

Oh yeah, Ch. 24 thru 29 support Ch. 30's premise rather well. Gotta read these chapters first of course.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 10 February 2003).]

Back