• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

we should start planning....a spring event weekend drive

:biggrin: hey everyone im from the east coast, but now live in MO, would love to put some names with faces.

I saw the pics of the last STL drive(pr lack there of of hardly anyone showed up) and boat ride etc..., speaking of which how did he get that widebody onto a ferry:eek: ?:confused: ?? but anyway, I was thinking:cool: ;

Plan now everyone take a weekend off say, in APRIL??:confused: ?? an we(meaning surrounding states of MO) all meet in the middle somewhere take some good pics have a groovy time, make a lil' love, get down tonight...oops sorry there goes my attention spand of a hamster again anyway...:biggrin: :biggrin:

WHAT DO YA'LL THINK:tongue: !?!?!...(no the ya'll does'nt mean I'm southern...born in cali, but raised on the water in the east)

btcog82 said:
:biggrin: hey everyone im from the east coast, but now live in MO, would love to put some names with faces.

I saw the pics of the last STL drive(pr lack there of of hardly anyone showed up) and boat ride etc..., speaking of which how did he get that widebody onto a ferry:eek: ?:confused: ?? but anyway, I was thinking:cool: ;

Plan now everyone take a weekend off say, in APRIL??:confused: ?? an we(meaning surrounding states of MO) all meet in the middle somewhere take some good pics have a groovy time, make a lil' love, get down tonight...oops sorry there goes my attention spand of a hamster again anyway...:biggrin: :biggrin:

WHAT DO YA'LL THINK:tongue: !?!?!...(no the ya'll does'nt mean I'm southern...born in cali, but raised on the water in the east)

Just drove it on(widebody on the ferry). My hovercraft feature had blown a fuse:biggrin:

For the last 2 years there has been a "Spring Flint" get together that has been well attended. 26 cars at South Bend IN in 04 and 18 cars Fort Waye IN-South Haven MI in 05. You might want to plan on that event, it usually takes place in the April/May time frame and is a 2 day event.
Bob

so once again anyone else...??? any other suggestions...??? i was trying to start planning now so we could get like 1000 cars together...ok not quite:rolleyes: but like 100 nsx's (an nsx friends:tongue: ..ie widebody porsche' etc...) in the same spot for 2 days

its either a cops fantasy or my origy thoughts:biggrin: ...oops did i type that out...hehe

btcog82 said:
so once again anyone else...??? any other suggestions...??? i was trying to start planning now so we could get like 1000 cars together...ok not quite:rolleyes: but like 100 nsx's (an nsx friends:tongue: ..ie widebody porsche' etc...) in the same spot for 2 days

its either a cops fantasy or my origy thoughts:biggrin: ...oops did i type that out...hehe

I'd be willing to bet most st.louis nsxers would be "in". :smile: Someone would have to step up and make some definite plans, "if you build it they will come." KC and most midwest folks have expressed interest in a big gathering in the past, just has to planned out and posted. Im in. it would be nice if we could all meet at a place centrallt located, so the drive for one group would not be massive.

Are you looking for a two day or one day thing here, I summer at the Lake so meeting in Columbia or even Lake of the Ozarks might work, and for those bringing thier wife's there is always the outlet mall to keep them ocupied.

I agree we need to do something, but this group (St. Louis) has never been a highly motivated, well planned out group, we have been either too busy, or too lazy to get organized.

We need a ring leader, and it will not be me.

Dave

Osage Beacj Or Lake Of The Ozarks Would Be Awesome...if I Knew The Area Better I Would Be The Ring Leader....however I Need Someone Who Knows The Area Better, Heck Yeah Bring The Wives An Single Friends Too For Me...hehe...not The Wives ...single Friends

I propose Des Moines, Iowa! :biggrin:
(thought I'd say it just for grins)
But seriously, sounds like a great idea and I'd be in if its fairly close (3-4hrs). If we do April keep in mind that the Road America event is on the weekend of the 8th/9th which is kinda North - but could still be a conflict for some. I was thinking about going to it anyway. If it was in my area I'd be willing to do some planning - but... I doubt we're as "central" as y'all would like.

If you want to do central and draw from all around the midwest, the best bet is Chicago.

We did a drive in Oct and had 20 cars for a brunch and that was just the north Chicago crew and people from Wisconsin. If you did a Chicago location you could probably pull people from Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Iowa and maybe even Minnesota, along with Missouri, etc.

Just my .02

If this event was coupled with the "spring fling" that Ken Sax [nsxtasy on Prime] has been involved with for the past 2 years we might be able generate a very large # number of cars. I also would like to suggest contacting the midwest rep for NSXCA and ask for support. Any location within a reasonable distance, with good restaurants, roads and accomadations, works for me.

Bob

well lets all stop talkin' an put some numbers down an make a list an check it twice...:biggrin:

ladies you'll find out im rather naughty, then nice...lol...did i type that?

VOTE ON LOCATION

AND TIME/DATES

Here's my vote; BRANSON, MO/Middle weekend in april so i guess after the 8th an 9th

whens the run through the hills and where will they meet? everyone wanna link up with this? ROADS must be good I'll lead the way with my K40 stealth beltronics rx75 plus radar LASER DETECTION....:biggrin:

Last edited:
Re: Branson, MO / APRIL 15th an 16th

btcog82 said:
WHO's IN? Branson, MO April 15th an 16th

Restaurant suggestions...??H:biggrin::biggrin:ters is always nice...:wink:

What kind of roads are in branson? I like chicago or indy, chi is 4.5 hours form stl and indy is about 3.5. Branson is closer for stl people but i don't know about other midwest people.

Ko-nsx said:
What kind of roads are in branson? I like chicago or indy, chi is 4.5 hours form stl and indy is about 3.5. Branson is closer for stl people but i don't know about other midwest people.

Branson is 7+ hrs for me so I won't make it. I would consider Chicago though it's still 5 hrs. Even if we could come up with a small group meet more local it would still be fun!

MLmotorsport said:
Branson is 7+ hrs for me so I won't make it. I would consider Chicago though it's still 5 hrs. Even if we could come up with a small group meet more local it would still be fun!

Hello, I am up for the Chicago Thing...
However, I may actually live in San Luis O, by the spring time.
I would also consider the spring fling thing in the Chicago/Ind area.
I'm in for whatever...Just about to embark on the 1800 mile trip home from the west coast, so 8 hrs is nothing to me.:smile:

sounds like chicago is where we want to go...im in.....

next who knows where an what we can do in chicago...dates still good that i suggested...heck KO-NSX and i could meet up an drive up there if hes in..

so are the dates good...

everyone agree on chicago?

WHOS IN CHICAGO THAT COULD LEAD THE WAY AND MAKE A GOOD RUN FOR US

The NSX Club of America is indeed planning another Spring Fling event this spring, probably in May. As in previous years, it will consist of social activities of some sort on Saturday-Sunday, with a nice dinner on Saturday night, and a CGI Motorsports track event on Monday at GingerMan Raceway. In the past few years, we have had over 20 NSXs at our Spring Fling. At least part of this year's event will be in South Haven, Michigan, where GingerMan is located. South Haven is in southwestern Michigan, a little over a hundred miles from Chicago.

We will also be holding the club's annual dinner between now and then, in the Chicago area. The past few years, when we had the dinner in January, we have had problems with fluffy white stuff falling down from the sky. So this year it will be later, probably in March.

Details about both events will be announced some time this month (January).

If you're looking for 100 NSXs in the same place, then make plans to go to NSXPO, the club's national event. This year, NSXPO 2006 will take place in central Florida, with the track event at Sebring Raceway Monday and Tuesday Oct.9-10 and social activities from Wed. Oct.11 to Sunday Oct.15.

Ko-nsx said:
There are some fun roads around Table Rock Lake. However, having an event in Branson is strongly discouraged due to their traffic and three lane streets. Currently, we are leaning more towards the Osage Beach area.

Just following this thread and will offer you some suggestions with respect to the Lake of the Ozarks and Tablerock Lake.

Ozarks will offer good accomidations w/o the high levels of traffic as in Branson. Better night life and restraunts. Horney Toad & Shooters 21 would kill to get a group if big enough. Its more central location to KC/SL (2.5 hr drive) some places in Iowa/IL/could attract more. The roads are pretty good that skirt around the Lake. Have driven them quite alot.

Branson, not centrally located for the larger citys of KC/SL 4-5 hour drives respectively although you could draw from Oklahoma. Lots of Hotels in Branson, although you would have to stay off the strip if you want to have a large gathering of cars. They do have some national cruiser festivals and they are arrange w/the chamber of commerce. Not sure when though. Some of the roads around Tablerock and/or around Eurika Springs are rated some of the best in the country (no kidding). Ferrari guys were down there a few months ago, couldn't go. Hope this helps.

Regards.

I'd be in for a lake of the ozarks run from KC (50hwy and hwy 5 can be lots of fun) and I used to live at the lake for 8 years or so.

Back