• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Weird issue with clock in 2000 NSX.

Today I noticed that my clock wasn't on. If I hold down "display" button, it will come on but the second I release the button it goes back off. This is with the engine on.

Any ideas?

Because the majority of the NSX's other electronic issues relate to failing electrolytic capacitors, I am going to go out on a limb and say 'leaking capacitors'. You will not know until you remove the clock and inspect the circuit board. The up side is that unlike the climate control, or the stereo, or the fan controller, or the SRS or ...... its not like a non operating clock is an inconvenience or important. The other up side is that the clock is relatively easy to remove so it should be easy to check it to see if you have the leaking capacitors (do a search with the terms 'capacitor' or 'leaking capacitors' and you should find a description of the problem).

If when you press the display button you get the correct time, then the problem might just be that the clock has lost the power on signal which causes it to display the time. Check fuse #5 in the dash fuse box or check for a bad connection to the clock. If it does not display the correct time or you cannot set the correct time then its back to checking the capacitors.

Last edited:
Back