• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wet weather issue

Hi
Any theories on what is the root cause of mis-firing after washing or wet weather driving? I am very cautious about directly or indirectly getting the engine bay wet when washing. The engine bay seems to stay pretty dry during driving as well.
I have checked to ensure that the rubber gasket on the coil covers are properly in place. I'm leaning toward moisture in the coil leads and or contact surface of the coil is the culprit?
Thanks
Jim

Are you getting a dead miss or just not running as smooth?

Does it miss under load or all the time?

Any CEL's or MIL's?

Have you pulled a coil and found water?

Seen any water on the coil covers/head covers.

Have you checked and reseated connections on igniter?

Are you running a stock intake or any mods?

Last edited:
Briank said:
Are you getting a dead miss or just not running as smooth?
seems to dead miss at idle, but goes away if I blip the throttle

Does it miss under load or all the time?
At Hwy speed at about 4k rpm it goes away

Any CEL's or MIL's?
nope

Have you pulled a coil and found water?
will check this weekend

Seen any water on the coil covers/head covers.
nope

Have you checked and reseated connections on igniter?
no but will

Are you running a stock intake or any mods?
K & N cone filter, posible culprit, but has never been an issue before. Planning to go back to stock anyway.

Thanks for the clues Brian

Mostlikely water in the coil/plug hole in the rear bank. It is because the coil cover is not installed correctly or the rubber gasket on it is worn which allows water to seap down. If you look closely, water can come in from the rear engine vent between the trunk and the glass engine hatch which drops directly onto the coil cover. BTW, I think the rubber gasket goes on the bottom portion of the cover. Mine was on the top portion which resulted in the water seaping in. I took the rubber gasket off of the front bank cover and used that one as well in the rear bank to ensure complete seal. No problem since then.

-ak

Back