• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What’s up with GT-R prices?

As title states, I’ve been looking at some 2017’s and they’re going for about 86-88K for extremely low miles? That seems like a deal. Anyone driven a 2017 yet? Are the seats more comfortable? The interior looks WAY better but the exterior is still WAY over-styled, kinda like a civic type r.

i've driven a few of them from 12's to 17's. the 17 is by far the most civilised if i recall correctly, but i don't pay much attention to that sort of thing when it comes to Supercars.

i do remember the press saying it was the softer, less track focused of the line...

i've driven a few of them from 12's to 17's. the 17 is by far the most civilised if i recall correctly, but i don't pay much attention to that sort of thing when it comes to Supercars.

i do remember the press saying it was the softer, less track focused of the line...
There are some deals on the 2017’s but also you can get some good deals on 2014-2016 Audi R8 V10’s. After seriously looking at some gtr’s I still cannot get over how ugly they are and the new ones are over styled like Nicki Minaj.
I am cross shopping these two for a great street car with gobs of power and can comfortably seat a normal American sized male. I do not care for the 911 at all.... Me personally, I hate the sound of turbos. I’d rather have a large N.A. motor. I know you have extended seat time in the R8’s, what is the best year and best street version you think? I’m looking at a clean 2014 V10 with the newer dual clutch. Any thoughts?

2014 and up has the DCT transmission. you don't want an R8 with paddle shifters (or a Gallardo) without the S-Tronic. you can also get a 6-speed manual with the R8 V10 if you want to go old school. those seem to be the most sought after gen 1 R8's these days. the S-Tronic has 7 gears instead of the R-Tronic's 6, but more importantly, no lag when shifting.

if you want maximum R8, the GT is the one for that era. extra aero, extra power, less weight. between the GTR and R8, i'd go R8 all day. the GTR might be quicker from the stop, but it's a clunky rubbish car. the Audi is a classy, mid-engined Supercar with a lot of race heritage and credibility.

2014 R8 V10 should do just fine for you mate... :biggrin:

Back