• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What aftermarket 15/16 or 16/17 setup are you using?

I have a '93 with OEM wheels and tires. I'm happy with the handling of the OEM setup, but not the curb appeal... Having searched almost a year (off and on) I'm having a hard time finding wheels in the 15/16 or 16/17 setup. If you're using aftermarket wheels in OEM sizes I'd appreciate you sharing the make / model / offset of your setup.

Also, I like the SSR-GT1. According to www.speedstar.co.jp they make a 16x7/17x8 (and 17x9), but I haven't had any luck finding a dealer in NA that carries the 16. I was exchanging emails with TireRack, but they went MIA after I mentioned SSR had a 16/17 NSX spec on the website. I guess they only sell/support the 17/18 setup for the NSX. Does someone out there use the GT1 16/17 setup? In addition, if I wanted to use the OEM tire on the 17 rear, which would be better: 17x8 or 17x9?

Thanks in advance!

Mike -

Thanks for the link. I'm thinking the 16x8 wheel may be too wide for OEM tires (OEM wheel=16x7)...what do you think? The 17x9 is probably a better fit since OEM wheel is 17x8.5. Also, have you seen these on a white NSX? Curious to see how the bronze finish looks.

Thanks Again!

I'm using '94-96 OEM 16"/17" wheels on my '91 for street use, and the original '91-93 OEM 15"/16" wheels for track use.

Ken - Thanks for the input. What do you think about the 16x8 front wheel with the OEM tire? Is the wheel too wide for the tire to fit properly?

Thanks!

t r a N S f i X e d said:
Ken - Thanks for the input. What do you think about the 16x8 front wheel with the OEM tire? Is the wheel too wide for the tire to fit properly?

They should be okay. According to the specs for the Bridgestone RE010 OEM tires on the Bridgestone website as well as the specs for the Yokohama A022H OEM tires on the Tire Rack website, the OEM front 215/45-16 tire should fit on wheels with widths of 7" to 8".

t r a N S f i X e d said:
[Bhave you seen these on a white NSX? Curious to see how the bronze finish looks.[/B]
i haven't seen these wheels on a white nsx... but i have seen bronze wheels on other white cars. looks really, really good.
i'm not sure if the black top would have an effect on that.

ANYONE HAVE PICS OF BRONZE WHEELS ON A WHITE NSX WITH BLACK TOP??

Back