• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are the chances of this??

i can think of a zillion worse ways to go. I don't feel too bad for him in that regard... just enjoying his drive, and boom dead. No chance to feel frightened or worry about your kids or parents or spouse..

peiserg said:
i can think of a zillion worse ways to go. I don't feel too bad for him in that regard... just enjoying his drive, and boom dead. No chance to feel frightened or worry about your kids or parents or spouse..

Well im sure we all can think of worse ways...i was just commenting on the odds of him getting struck on a motorcycle. I never hear about this happening....atleast in my neck of the woods.

Re: What are the chances of this??
----------------
odds of getting struck by lightning 1 in 600,000

while riding a motorcycle in colorado....my guess is 1 in 600,000 :)

Lightning wasn't on my list of riding worries, but I guess it's the #1 weather phenomenom:

http://www.mmaweb.org/ama.html

Re: i KNOW....

So update on the situation....He is my friends best friends father (if that makes sense). He had battled tooth and nail for years with cancer, finally went into remission and had been so for a year then this happened. Traffic was bumper to bumper and he was traveling about 30MPH when it happened (in between spurts of traffic flow).

I guess when its your time, its your time

Re: i KNOW....

btcog82 said:
http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?...MPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf :confused: never the less;

I thought they hired editaters:biggrin: :wink: to catch spewling:wink: mis-takes.

:wink: fire them and hire me, I was spewwing be from fifsh grade to...ummm

They need to hire editors and science consultants. Last I checked, being grounded was a bad thing when lightning strikes. Also, how the heck does lightning blow a hole into solid asphalt?
...although many cyclists and motorcyclists believe they are safe from lightning, they are not. Gift says people on bikes and motorcycles aren't grounded.

Apology!!!

deedubb said:
So update on the situation....He is my friends best friends father (if that makes sense). He had battled tooth and nail for years with cancer, finally went into remission and had been so for a year then this happened. Traffic was bumper to bumper and he was traveling about 30MPH when it happened (in between spurts of traffic flow).

I guess when its your time, its your time
Deedub,

I'm sorry, I hope you accept my apology. I did not realize this was a close friend's relative of someone you knew. I thought it was suppose to be more of a funny, not so funny, what are the odds kinda' thread...Thoughts go out and may he rest in peace.:frown:

Re: Apology!!!

btcog82 said:
Deedub,

I'm sorry, I hope you accept my apology. I did not realize this was a close friend's relative of someone you knew. I thought it was suppose to be more of a funny, not so funny, what are the odds kinda' thread...Thoughts go out and may he rest in peace.:frown:

No need to applogize. I didnt know him that well. Only met him once as I recall. And at the time I posted this, i had no idea who it was.

Back